• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Reason for your ban: Beacon Theft

Who banned you: Steasaur

Why should you be unbanned: Long story short, i was walking around and i came across a base and
it was not claimed I went to a chest and did /Cinfo and said it belonged to tipsays, then I did /seen
 and it said he has been banned and last seen 1 year ago and 1 month and 24 days. so i thought to
myself well hes not coming back then i did /rules and i didn't find anything on taking stuff that's not
 claimed or griefing the only rule that i saw that stood out was don't modify other players builds but
i took that as like if your added to someones claim or someone that has recent activity and not
banned don't mess with there stuff.. well since this guy was banned i took stuff that i could use and
 i saw a beacon and i took it. i get home and get online and it said i was banned for beacon theft and i
was confused on why, i feel like this is a misunderstanding

Why do you want to come back: well this is a good server, i have friends on this server, i have
a shop that i am running with one of my friends, i have worked hard on this server and have a lot to
lose, i feel like this whole thing is a misunderstanding and ill give back what i took but i heard
by my friend that the place has been rolled backed or repaired.

Edit: Please don't take this the wrong way, im not trying to sound rude but I have a suggestion to put the words do not greif or take things from unclaimed land in /rules because the more i look at these ban appeals the more i see people not knowing that taking things from unclaimed land is against the rules.. if i have known that it was against the rules i would have not done it

Surge is a good player and I am sure that they wont do this again. I will vouch for them and say that they are overall helpful

dont post on a ban appeal that is not yours.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

The rules are fairly clear and don't specify anything about banned players for the simple reason that no one should be touching any blocks that don't belong to them. As you yourself stated, the rules mention 'don't modify other players builds' and does not go into detail on banned players.

Unfortunately the misunderstanding was yours, theft is theft, and we do have the tutorial in place when you join the server for this reason.

That being said, everyone makes mistakes so if you wish to be unbanned please answer the following:

1. Why is it wrong for a player to take items/blocks from a player, banned or otherwise?

2. What have you learned from this?
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(11-13-2018, 02:51 PM)Steasaur Wrote: The rules are fairly clear and don't specify anything about banned players for the simple reason that no one should be touching any blocks that don't belong to them. As you yourself stated, the rules mention 'don't modify other players builds' and does not go into detail on banned players.

Unfortunately the misunderstanding was yours, theft is theft, and we do have the tutorial in place when you join the server for this reason.

That being said, everyone makes mistakes so if you wish to be unbanned please answer the following:

1. Why is it wrong for a player to take items/blocks from a player, banned or otherwise?

2. What have you learned from this?

1. Why is it wrong for a player to take items/blocks from a player, banned or otherwise?: One reason is that there is a possibility that said player can get a ban appeal or if they weren’t banned get back on the server after 1 year of inactivity to find that there base has been griefed, another reason why is that it is against rules, one more reason why it is wrong is that- well your taking items that dont belong to you and it is considered stealing.

2. What have you learned from this?: Not to take any items or blocks from unclaimed land, no matter how long the person has been offline or however you see fit, and not to underestimate the rules

You have been unbanned. Upon logging on next please return any stolen blocks to any staff member, falure to do so will result in a re-ban.

Welcome back to HomeTown.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “