Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: KillercreeperAl

Reason for your ban: X-Ray

Who banned you: Trekkie and Lil

Why should you be unbanned: Because I was an idiot and ill give the stuff back. I tested out an x-ray resource pack and I got about 9 blocks of diamond. Ill even give back 10 to pay for my crimes. I’ve never done it before and I really regret doing it. You probably don’t think it means much but you have my word. Also, I have already deleted the resource pack.

Why do you want to come back: Because me and my friends wanted to find a vanilla server to play on after we have been playing with mods for a long time. I just want to build, mine, and to help my friends with their stuff.

Hopefully you will understand this and I thank you for your time!

- Alex

Thank you for your honesty. Please answer the following questions with at least 2 sentences each.

1) Why is X-raying wrong?
2) How does X-raying affect other players?
3) How does X-raying affect the server's economy?
4) What have you learned from this?
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

1) Why is X-raying wrong?
X-raying is wrong because of the fact that it ruins the experience of Minecraft. You could make a comparison to drug usage. Once you start, your brain loves the rush of dopamine and you get hocked. It takes the fun away from the game like drugs take the fun out of life. It also hurts the other players experience of the game. I will expound on that point in the next question.
2) How does X-raying affect other players?
X-raying takes available resources out of the area with an unfair advantage. This means that other players who were innocently playing the game cannot get said resources. If iI were to get them without x-ray, then it would be fine, alas I didn't, and I am paying for it.
3) How does X-raying affect the server's economy?
X-raying gives me an unfair amount of money in the game that could lead to inflation. In an economy inflation is defined as a persistent increase in the average price level in the economy. This means that money becomes worthless and there isn't much you can do to stop it once it occurs. Ex. Germany post WWI It is also a simple problem of supply and demand. When supply goes up, then prices have to go down, hence making the average price of a diamond go down. When supply goes up and demand doesn't change, then it is a very big problem. The way that diamonds back up the currency on a Minecraft server remind me of how the money in the USA was backed by the gold standard until 1971.
4) What have you learned from this?
I have learned that the cons vastly outweigh the pros when you use and X-Ray resource pack. It also takes most of the fun out of the game. This has really taught me a lesson and I do not, in any way, intend to do something like this again. I really regret doing this because I get to see my friends progress without me. 

Again, thank you for your time, and I really hope that you will accept me back onto your server.
                                - Alex

You have been unbanned and your balance has been reset.
Upon login in you’ll have to turn in all the items you’ve gotten through cheating to a member of staff. Failure to do so will result in a reban.

Welcome back to HomeTown.
xo