Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
The servers IP that I got banned from is smp.hometownmc.com

My Minecraft Username is: _Geralt_

I was banned because of: Multiple Offences

Who banned you: Guy

Why you should be unbanned: I am extremely regretful for taking the beacon from the god shrine without asking any moderators first. As for the blocks taken from the tree farm; I did not take gold blocks from the tree farm. I took iron blocks from the beacon at the tree farm and replaced them with gold blocks which I farmed at the pigman spawner. I believed this would be ok due to the gold blocks serving the same function but I will immediately return the iron blocks. I did not realize how strict the rules were on this server and it is completely my fault for not thouroughly reading them. My roommate shares this Minecraft account with me and plays while I am at my classes so I believe she stole the diamond blocks from the gold farm and used Xray to earn money because she never read the rules of the server. The reason I had Xray installed on my computer is because I used to play on the 2b2t server during the past "war" they had, I will uninstall it immediately. It seems that my roommate has also gotten me banned from Mineplex during her spree. I would like to know what else has been done wrong so that I can do my best to fix whatever damage has been done.

Why Do You Want To Come Back: My friends and I used to play on a Bteam SMP back in 10th grade. We are now all in college and we decided to get back onto an SMP like old times. Hometown MC has been hands down the best SMP experience I have had in these past 3 days that I have played. I would love to be able to earn the opportunity to play on this server again (after changing my password and never letting my roommate on my computer again). I hope no enemies have been made and I will try to make amends if necessary.

Thank You,
_Geralt_

Alright so, you are responsible for anything that happens on your account, and as such will need to answer for both the grief and xray. With that said I have a few questions I'd like for you to answer, in 2-3 sentences each.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

What have you learned from this ban?

Why is X-raying bad?
X-raying is bad because it gives one an unfair advantage. Other players are working hard to find ores so having the ability to find them with no effort takes the challenge out of the game. It is blatant cheating and should never be used.

How does X-raying affect other players?
Xraying hurts other players because it devalues their hard work. It also hurts other players by reducing the amount of ores that can be found all because someone was cheating.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
Xraying disrupts the economy of the server because it gives one an effortless source of money. Other players grind to earn money so xraying reduces the chance of their work being compensated accordingly.

Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No, I should never tamper with any one else's build unless I receive permission from the owner of said blocks. They put their own work into creating their build so breaking/destroying it is outright rude. I know I would hate it if someone destroyed a build I worked a long time on.

What have you learned from this ban?
I have learnt that I should always consult the owner of a build before I take/ borrow anything from it. I have also learnt that X-ray disrupts the entire player base of the server and is the definition of cheating. It is better to not cheat because the outcome of my hard work would give me a better sense of accomplishment.

Thank You,
Geralt

So, it really does seem that you want to be allowed to come back. Because it seems that you put in some real effort to your appeal, Im going to allow you to come back. Your balance on the server has been reset to zero and you will be expected to turn in all ores/ingots/diamond gear to myself or another staff member. Failure to do so may result in you being banned again. Welcome back to Hometown!