• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal (help, not sure why I was banned)
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: dahrabidrabbit

Reason for your ban: Theft

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: I am not sure of why I was banned. I was banned early when I first got on the server because I did not fully read the rules and broke blocks near someone's property. However, after I was unbanned, and I re-read and remembered the rules just to be extra careful. I am not sure if I accidentally broke something, I have been using many locations such a village warps and farm warps but I always replant and do my best to not impact others. Whatever I did, I apologize for, I have not intentionally gone out to grief or steal. I assume it was a mistake and hope the matter can be better explained so I can more effectively appeal. Since the ban was for theft I hope I can apologize and make right the mistake I made. I also spend most of the time on Hometown by my property. I do my best to not go out by others because it's easy to break things within 100 blocks of their build. I already have been doing my best to obey and I hope that is understood.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy this server and have just started becoming friends with others on the server. It is also the only server my other friends play with me on. I also vote for the server consistently and sell things as well as making a store to partake in the economy. I also want to come back since there are not many servers like this, where the members are all friendly and have so many things to do.

I appreciate the time to read and consider, once again; I apologize for my mistakes. Thank you, D.

You were banned for taking items from unlocked chests in my shop at /warp that. (other warps lead there including:bone,book,thatshop, among others)

Please answer the following questions in 1-2 sentences each, after which I will consider having you unbanned.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Are you allowed to take from unlocked chests not belonging to you?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

No. You are not allowed to build within 100 blocks of other player's without proper consent. Nor are you allowed to break blocks in their claim area and surrounding region. Even if it appears abandoned you require consent. The only time you can edit/break blocks is when a player specifies what you can and can not do.

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

They have the opportunity to be unbanned, and therefore it counts as griefing to edit/take over other player's private property. Builds of other players always belong to them and can not be interfered with.

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

No, because you have to receive permission to work on the property/claim. It is against the rules to break/edit/take over other player's private property no matter the circumstance even if it is already griefed.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

You should return/replace the block immediately then alert a mod or admin about the mistake made. If you do not, it is the same as stealing and greifing, which are each bannable offenses. If it is glass or something that can't be replaced you need to contact admin and the player explaining what happened.

5) Are you allowed to take from unlocked chests not belonging to you?

No, just because a chest is public, does not mean you can take from it. If you didn't place it, you can't take from it. It is a big deal because taking items from a player hinders their hard work and takes away from the server's reputation and enjoyability.

6) What have you learned from this experience?

I need to be more careful about what I do. I feel very bad for using a chest of yours and taking items from it. Hometown is a server full of goof people who are fun to play with and I want to stay on the server. I realize I need to be more careful at warps as well, and to more fully read rules and obey them accordingly, since someone else worked hard to set it up and I am simply the one enjoying it. 

You've been unbanned. Welcome back to Hometown!