Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal #2
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: sporadic_walrus

Reason for your ban: Grief

Who banned you: Dar

Why should you be unbanned: I didn't grief anyones build. I took down my own house. I was invited to live in a town with some other players, and was one of the first to live there. I built a house and build a lot of things underground. The owners of the town got mad at me and told me I had to get rid of everything underground so other players could build under there as well. So, I figured that if I couldn't build what I wanted to build then a town wasn't where I should build so I took all of my stuff that I used to build my house (wood, smooth stone, crops and other various items) and went to a different location. And I got banned for taking down my own house and moving

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy the server and the players it has on it. Everyone is helpful and the community is really a great place to be and I want to continue doing so. I understand how what I broke down could be seen as a grief but it was my own build that I took down so I don't know if that counts as a grief or not, I may be wrong. 

The owners of the town said they didn't want you to build underground. They weren't really upset that you tore down your build, but they did not like the fact you removed a bunch of the ground around/underneath it. 
If you can answer these questions with 1-2 sentences each, then I will consider unbanning you.

1) Are you allowed to modify anybody else's builds/areas, fenced in plants or fenced in animals without their permission? 

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: image0.jpg]

(01-03-2019, 01:13 PM)Darillium Wrote: That makes sense. I must have not seen them say that when I first joined. That is my bad. 

1) Are you allowed to modify anybody else's builds/areas, fenced in plants or fenced in animals without their permission? 
You are not allowed to do anything with anyone else's build unless they give you specific permission to do so. If you don't have permission then you shouldn't be doing anything.

No, they may be waiting on an appeal and it wouldn't be very good for them to come back for nothing. Leave their stuff and play your own game and interact with other active players on the server. 

If you have permission from that player to take some of what they left then sure, but if you even question it then you probably should just move past it and play your own game. 

Replace it back where it was and let them know what happened to avoid any confusion and players getting in trouble for it. 

If you want to live in a town with other players, be sure to know all the rules. Also be mindful of other players and the space you are building in. If you want to take up a ton of space a town probably isn't the place to do it. 

(01-03-2019, 01:26 PM)sporadic_walrus Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 01:13 PM)Darillium Wrote: That makes sense. I must have not seen them say that when I first joined. That is my bad. 

You are not allowed to do anything with anyone else's build unless they give you specific permission to do so. If you don't have permission then you shouldn't be doing anything.

No, they may be waiting on an appeal and it wouldn't be very good for them to come back for nothing. Leave their stuff and play your own game and interact with other active players on the server. 

If you have permission from that player to take some of what they left then sure, but if you even question it then you probably should just move past it and play your own game. 

Replace it back where it was and let them know what happened to avoid any confusion and players getting in trouble for it. 

If you want to live in a town with other players, be sure to know all the rules. Also be mindful of other players and the space you are building in. If you want to take up a ton of space a town probably isn't the place to do it. 

You've been unbanned, welcome to Hometown.
[Image: image0.jpg]