• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional command access to donors
Hey all! Just wanted to suggest a few additional commands that may be useful to any of the given donor ranks. Most are simple commands that dont require additional plugins, just permissions. Staff could apply these to any of the VIP's they see fit Smile.

/feed (Replenishes hunger. Could apply a cool down)
/heal (Replenishes health. Could apply a cool down)
/top (Brings you to the highest block above you, great when caving/mining)
/kit (Include Kits that arent OP... wood or stone bricks who knows. Just an idea)
/repair (This one I know is controversial. I know theres a way to make it to where theres a cool down/cap per day. This may even be a considered command for a new rank of VIP 4?)

I thought of a few more and ill add them to this thread as I remember them. Thanks! Leave your comments and suggestions please Smile

OH, forgot one of my favorites. /Pv # (Private vault, basically a protable chest! Could add more chests the higher your rank!)

The only one I really like out of this group is Top, had it before elsewhere and it saves a lot of time, especially if your working on something underground and have to keep going outside of the enclosed area, however there are places that are enclosed for a purpose and people don't want you popping on top and around their stuff so easily. As hometown has an economy and player shops I feel the other commands would partly destroy this. Not having to buy food or create food, healing quickly makes mob stuff easier to get, Kit again would affect shops, even if not op items, common items actually make an income for some people and others may abuse as you can sell them back to shops. Repair a definite NO, that would be abused so quickly. We already have it pretty easy on hometown. I really don't see the need for any further extras, doesn't take long to get some food, go to a farm to get xp etc, most of the commands we lost (due to plugins not being compatible anymore) were cosmetic, like pets, vehicles and disguises, they did not affect the game. The only real loss is artmap as some did make a living off this and the rest of us miss the beautiful artwork that was created. vip 3 already has a portable enderchest, I know there used to be a plugin or something that made this chest bigger, that would be handy, but then on the other hand we have shulkers.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

(01-16-2019, 10:13 AM)belgnbor Wrote: The only one I really like out of this group is Top, had it before elsewhere and it saves a lot of time, especially if your working on something underground and have to keep going outside of the enclosed area, however there are places that are enclosed for a purpose and people don't want you popping on top and around their stuff so easily.  As hometown has an economy and player shops I feel the other commands would partly destroy this.  Not having to buy food or create food, healing quickly makes mob stuff easier to get, Kit again would affect shops, even if not op items, common items actually make an income for some people and others may abuse as you can sell them back to shops.  Repair a definite NO, that would be abused so quickly.  We already have it pretty easy on hometown.  I really don't see the need for any further extras, doesn't take long to get some food, go to a farm to get xp etc, most of the commands we lost (due to plugins not being compatible anymore) were cosmetic, like pets, vehicles and disguises, they did not affect the game.  The only real loss is artmap as some did make a living off this and the rest of us miss the beautiful artwork that was created.  vip 3 already has a portable enderchest, I know there used to be a plugin or something that made this chest bigger, that would be handy, but then on the other hand we have shulkers.

I actually dont think a /repair command would be as bad as you think. Able to use once every 12-24 hours is reasonable I believe. Theres a way it could be in cooperated that would make it not OP. They kits would harm the economy, but /heal and /feed wouldnt touch it considering food is not where money is made. Plus give those commands to VIP2 or 3 and its less than 10% of the server benefitting. And trust me, that 10% is not the ones buying food from shops. Top can be controlled to where you cant get on top of the Nether or certain areas.

/feed, /heal, and /repair are considered too OP and would ruin several parts of the already fragile server economy.

/kit is already a VIP command, although there are only two kits

/top may not be added because it would give players the ability to teleport out of buildings such as some shop warps, where the owner doesn't want them to be able to get out. It would also raise issues during events with people doing /top to get outside of the event area
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

In my personal opinion, I think /top is way too OP and has the potential for misuse.
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

(01-17-2019, 05:14 AM)Penguin Wrote: /feed, /heal, and /repair are considered too OP and would ruin several parts of the already fragile server economy.

/kit is already a VIP command, although there are only two kits

/top may not be added because it would give players the ability to teleport out of buildings such as some shop warps, where the owner doesn't want them to be able to get out. It would also raise issues during events with people doing /top to get outside of the event area
I also just want to add that /feed and /heal were already removed because they were too Overpowered, anyways this is exactly what I would have said!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I appreciate all your feed back! I agree and disagree with some points made. I feel because the art work plugin and a few others were removed, the VIP ranks should have access to a few more additional commands so that people are continually encouraged to donate to this awesome server.. I hope staff could seriously consider the private vault on (/pv). I understand /enderchest is already in the game, but I believe /PV would be extremely helpful to many.

Id appreciate some suggestions as well as to commands that could be added!

/feed was removed as it eliminated the use of food for VIP3s and essentially gave them an instant heal command. There isn't a need for /heal as long as you eat food.
/top is an indirect [Mod] command and giving it to players can result in severely abused situations
/repair exists at a price I recall

/kit designs can be made after being approved. If you have suggestions, that can be brought up, in moderation.

If you have further plugins you'd like, please make recommendations that are compatible with 1.13. It MUST be compatible with 1.13 or it will be ignored.

(01-18-2019, 03:05 PM)Hiyoko Wrote: /kit designs can be made after being approved. If you have suggestions, that can be brought up, in moderation.

Where can we bring them up? I have had one or two ideas over the years
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]