• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
X-Ray mistake
Server you were banned on: SMP (Minecraft server)

Minecraft name: xnxxdotnet (My friend changed my username when i was unaware. I have 28 remaining days until i can change it back)

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Uber

Why should you be unbanned: The day before i was banned me and my friend decided to have a LAN night at my house. We decided we were gonna play a lot and mess around with people. So when he came to my house and when we got everything set up we started looking for minecraft servers. We we're looking for survival servers since we knew they are sometimes known for being roleplayed on. And so we found hometown.

We logged in to the server and immediently started chatting with people acting stupid and having a good laughter about it. But as we played I kinda fell in love with the server and its nice community. So i told my friend "Hey dude, let's actually play for real.". He agreed and we started to build our houses and visited shops and so on. We figured the best way to make money would be to mine diamonds. And this is where the trouble began. As I started looking on youtube for the "best strategies to find diamonds", my friend was already downloading an x-ray texture pack. I told him "You're such an idiot you will literally get perma banned dude". He just laughed and said "Who cares dude?".

I started making a mine and i actually found a good amount of diamonds, in the end of our session i believe i had around 2 stacks of diamonds. Meanwhile my friend was carrying like 9 stacks that he wanted to sell for money. He didn't have the time though as he suddenly got disconnected with a message saying "You are banned from this server. Reason: X-Ray. Banned by Uber.". Strangely, at the exact same time i was kicked from the server with an error message. When I then tried logging in i got the same message. We figured out it must've been because he got banned on his IP and so I was banned aswell since he was at my house and we were playing on the same IP.

Why do you want to come back: As I was saying above i actaully fell in love with the server. I was trying my best to make friends and i started building an actual house. I then later got to learn about towns in the server and managed to move into a town. I met a nice player there and we became familiars. I had just started building my new house in the town when the ban occured and I'm urging to come back. I wanna meet the people again and keep on building on the house. I just feel like this is a mistake and i don't wanna go to another server. I have tried a few already but they just don't bring that nice feeling to it. They all feel so "plastic" while hometown is the real deal.

Best regards,
Ethnicity

So you had a 23-24 hour lan party, because the time for your first x-ray (that you tried to hide was 75.20 hours ago) and the most recent was 51.34 hours ago (you didn't even try to hide that one).

https://imgur.com/a/W5MblHf

https://imgur.com/a/rnh0Et6
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(01-03-2019, 08:51 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: So you had a 23-24 hour lan party, because the time for your first x-ray (that you tried to hide was 75.20 hours ago) and the most recent was 51.34 hours ago (you didn't even try to hide that one).

https://imgur.com/a/W5MblHf

https://imgur.com/a/rnh0Et6
Yes, we had a lan party for 48 hours total and during that time he was using x-ray, and I don't believe he tried to hide it at any point to be honest.

in the end what happens on your account is your responsibility. I will want at least 1 sentence per question answers. If you are unbanned you will need to turn over all diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when and if you login.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(01-03-2019, 09:16 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: in the end what happens on your account is your responsibility. I will want at least 1 sentence per question answers. If you are unbanned you will need to turn over all diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when and if you login.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?

The answers to those questions are in my opinion obvious.

X-Raying is bad because it gives me as a player an unfair advantage above other players. It gives me a shortcut to quick money and on the server money can mean a lot. It also gives me items such as diamond armor, diamond tools and so on, which is obviously something that should be challenging to get.

Well X-Raying will as stated above give me an unfair advantage both in economy and player based things. I am able to gain money much quicker and therefor buy materials, enchants and other things that takes other players much longer to get.

It will cause an unbalanced economy since i can basically manipulate a lot of things when I know i have an unlimited supply of money (diamonds). It will also create unbalance between the players. Since i basically have an unlimited supply of money, I can for an example create farms that are huge and outplay every player on the server since there is no stopping the money income (except for the staff).

I play a lot of "grindy" games and i should know better than taking the shortcut. In my opinion the way to go if you really want an item is to put in the grind for it. Put in some hours in a mine and honestly i think you would earn great money from that. Of course you may find friends that can help you out but otherwise i think that is the way to go. NO SHORTCUTS!

I certainly learned that taking the easy path has it's consequences and it never works out well. I really miss the community and the server. I got to learn that as u said what happens to my account is my responsibility and i will start taking more care. I truly wish for this ban appeal to go through so i can start playing on the server again. Smile

You have been unbanned, please turn over all diamonds/ores/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.