• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about old claims
I am new to the server. Looking for a new home since previous server closed down.
I am VERY confused about one of the server policies...
So if a building (or anything else for that matter) is found to be unclaimed, the rules say nobody should touch it. Don't take any blocks, don't modify it, don't do anything to it... Even if it is clearly abandoned or already griefed.

I really and truly don't understand this policy. So this old stuff will just sit around, useless to everybody forever? What about stuff in chest that has belongs to users that have been gone for 6 months or even a year... Clearly, they are not coming back for the stuff.

I talked online with a vip player to get some info about this and he said it was because players can only claim a small amount of land so this way they can build in more areas. But that is EXACTLY the reason why players are only given small amounts to claim... To PREVENT them from building excessively or prevent them from over-building in wilderness land.

Why would you allow players to claim a certain amount of land but then have this policy that basically says "Well, build anything, anywhere and it is automatically yours and nobody is allowed to touch it." That is pretty much giving everyone unlimited space to build on whether they have the ability to claim it or not. I don't understand it. And if a player is really not coming back... Why shouldn't someone else benefit from finding some nice stuff in an abandoned chest or be able to tear out some valuable blocks for building their own buildings?

Thanks for your time.

First of all, people have been known to come back after years of absence. Coming back to find that everything you'd built has been removed to make way for a newer player to build when they could have easily just... built somwhere else... is enough to put most people off from returning in the first place.

Also consider that taking these valuable blocks from an inactive player is literally theft.

Players sometimes leave the server and upon doing so, will give ownership of their builds and belongings to other active players. For those players who go on hiatus, or who are unable to play for a length of time, it is unfair to simply leave their stuff up for grabs for other players.

"Why shouldn't someone else benefit from finding some nice stuff"? because that player worked hard to obtain those items. A random player who comes across their build and takes them did not. They don't have any claim to other peoples items just because the player is "inactive"
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

I appreciate your timely and kind reply...

We obviously don't see eye-to-eye on this subject but I respect that the server owner has made this choice.
Unfortunately for me and my boys, that is a deal killer for joining.
I wish you all and every other MC player the very best.

Glad to see people with such an accepting outlook, I wish you good luck in your endeavors

That's why we set up towns. Town rules that the Mayor set have the power to remove abandoned buildings in the town to ensure healthy development of a town. If you want a place to live, /warp bootybay (Backyard Cove) always welcome visitors

(03-13-2019, 05:11 PM)MarshalRoger Wrote: That's why we set up towns. Town rules that the Mayor set have the power to remove abandoned buildings in the town to ensure healthy development of a town. If you want a place to live, /warp bootybay (Backyard Cove) always welcome visitors

This post was nearly two months ago and the OP has left the server, so this is kinda a necropost