Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: MsLoveBug 

Reason for your ban: xray

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: I let my curiosity get the best of me and decided to try out the xray thing on my non server world last night,  only I got too excited looking at everything that I didn't take it off before coming back to the server.  I made a mistake and I realize that xray takes the fun out of playing. I don't specifically need any of the ores,  I just find it therapeutic digging so much.  I understand that xray only promotes the ability to find and keep the best things for yourself and I truly don't want to be that person. I can't express enough how sorry I am for being stupid and giving in to my curiosity! 

Why do you want to come back: I love this server and the atmosphere of everyone.  I love being able to do my own thing while still having people to play with if I want to.  If allowed to come back I will turn over all the ores and anything else I picked up last night and I don't know if it's possible but maybe get my area rolled back to before I got on last night?  I understand that it probably won't be the same environment for me coming back but I would still like to try!  I will stick to regular methods of obtaining ores and anything else that is required. I have removed the software completely from my computer and will not put it back on.  I have built so much already by normal means on this server and I would really hate to lose it all because I acted childish and cheated. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. 

Please answer the following questions in 2-3 sentences each, following which I will review your responses and make a decision.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

If you are allowed back you will need to turn over any ores/armor/tools to myself or another staff member for destruction and your /balance will need to be reset to zero, do you understand? (This one can be a simple yes/no)

(02-07-2019, 01:49 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Please answer the following questions in 2-3 sentences each, following which I will review your responses and make a decision.

Why is X-raying bad? It is bad because it lets a player see through everything straight to all ores, water, lava, and mobs. It takes the fun out of mining the conventional way. Allowing one player to use this mod gives them an unfair advantage against the other players because you're able to go straight to the diamonds and with a fortune pick you can get even more diamonds, allowing you to gain more money super easy.

How does X-raying affect other players? It allows one player to hoard all the ores and find all the cave systems. You get an unfair advantage because you can see where all of the dangers are and avoid them. You may choose to mine in a place where other players might otherwise want to mine and if there's no actual ore to find then it gets frustrating for that player. You may be mining just to mine but another player may be choosing to mine because they need the ores and you're taking that option away from them.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy? It causes inflation on those items you find and sell. Allowing one person to go through and take all of the ores and cave chest items would cause inflation on those items. In turn it would again cause stress to the other players because prices would go up. 

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray? Usually when I need an item, I tend to go out and get it myself. If it's not something I can get from a farm then I try one of the many shops we have on the server. I do like supporting other players as long as something isn't to expensive but I also like doing things myself. There are a ton of options on the server to get things, from shops to farms, or even just asking. This server has some of the best players, very welcoming and willing to help when needed and again, I'm truly sorry I made the decision to use it.

If you are allowed back you will need to turn over any ores/armor/tools to myself or another staff member for destruction and your /balance will need to be reset to zero, do you understand? (This one can be a simple yes/no) I understand if that's what has to happen but I'd like to say that I never sold anything that I got while using it. I didn't make anything from any of it and all of it is still in my inventory. The in game money that I have is part earned from jobs that I've done, things I've sold before I even used this mod, and the majority of it came from real money donations I made to the server. All my gear, tools, and my sword have been with me for quite a while now. My pick that I was using was given to me by Swift_the_mutt. So I don't mind turning over everything I got while using the xray the other night but I swear to you that it was just used those few hours I was on and everything is still in my inventory. If there's absolutely no room for negotiation on this matter then I won't argue but I  just wanted to make a plea for the things that were given to me or that I got without any assistance.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. I never meant to hurt anyone due to my decisions and I'll respect any decision that you make.

I appreciate your honesty and effort put into your appeal. You've been unbanned. Your balance has been set to zero and you will need to turn over all ores and diamond tools to a staff member for destruction. Welcome back to Hometown!