• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal - Nether_Ruler
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Nether_Ruler (it changed several times over the past year, but that’s what it was at the time and what it is currently)

Reason for your ban: Suspicious Circumstances regarding the ban of another player.

Who banned you: Star/Rayz

Why should you be unbanned: Hi there. It’s been about a year since I’ve been banned, and I figured I’d tell the whole story, and the truth of it as well, something I should have done in the first place, but did not. 

I got banned for ‘suspicious circumstances,’ regarding the ban of another player, StephTwenty (I think that’s what it was at the time, but I’m not entirely positive). We were having a falling out irl, and I was mad at them. What I ended up doing was signing into their account (which I had the credentials to), and wrecking my own build, while guised as them. I pretended to act shocked about it when I came online under my real account and eventually got them reported/banned. I realize that this was an intense mistake, and I apologize dearly for doing so. It obviously wasn’t the right thing to do, but I acted impulsively and let my emotions take over my rationale. That’s the story, nothing much else to it. I got mad at them and acted impulsively, and suffered the consequences, which I fully understand.

Now that you know the story, here’s the answer to the question:
I think I should be unbanned because I’ve learned. I realize the mistake in what I did, and I understand why I got banned. I feel as if I've matured from my time away from hometown and would love it if I got a chance to return. I can’t justify my actions, because I was completely in the wrong for what I did and 100% respect the decision to ban me, but I can say that I personally believe that I’ve matured, and I can promise that I won’t do something like this again. 

Why do you want to come back: There are so many reasons why I wish to come back to hometown, many of which are cliché and perhaps even a bit selfish. Hometown has been my favorite minecraft server as soon as I found it a little over three years ago. I have been so devoted to it over the years, and having some time away from it to truly think about my mistakes has been truly helpful to me as a person, I now realize how much I truly miss it and love it. I have made so many friends (most of whom don’t play anymore, but still), and so many builds and learned so many things that I just hate being away from. I bought VIP3 to support the server (and, let's be honest, for /fly), and I love the staff. I promise to be less of an idiot this time and stick to the rules.

I think I should have a final chance on this server, and thanks for reading my appeal.

Yours,
Nether

I’ve got to say, I’m a little concerned. This isn’t the first time you’ve directly caused the ban of an innocent player- and while I can accept that people change, you have a poor track record. As for your impulsivity under emotional stress, how do I know that won’t affect you again?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

I understand where your concern is coming from. I’m not trying to disillusion or validate anything that I did, I know what I did was wrong, and I’m willing to admit that it was wrong, and that I shouldn’t have done it. I really am sorry for what I’ve done. As for the emotional impulsivity, it stopped happening about 7 months ago. I cut access off from the person(s) involved, and I gave away my alt account(s). I’m also willing to accept a permanent ban IF this ever were to happen again.

~ Nether

Alright, I'll agree to that. Welcome back to HomeTown.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!