Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: ToastLotus

Reason for your ban: Griefing of Beacon & X-Ray
Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned:
I understand what I did wrong, I know im not allowed to take things from unclaimed builds and to grief. I know you are not allowed to do anything to any unclaimed build. I understand this is my own doing and I regret it, I know now that just because it is unclaimed, doesn't mean it is mine. I apologize for what I've done.

When it comes to me X-raying, I didn't really think about what the consequences would be and why X-raying may cause an issue for the entire server especially economy, as it goes for what I have said for griefing, I apologize for what I've done.

Why do you want to come back: I have been an active member on the server for awhile, I have a few friends on the server that I would not like to lose, and would love to continue supporting the community with those friends.

Your ban was updated to include the fact that you were also found to be Xraying. Please update your appeal accordingly.

(03-04-2019, 04:20 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Your ban was updated to include the fact that you were also found to be Xraying. Please update your appeal accordingly.

My post has been updated.

Alright. So in order for me to consider allowing you back I'm going to ask that you answer each of the following question with a minimum of 2 sentences each. After which I will review your responses and make a decision about allowing you back.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

Why did you decide to steal another player's beacon?

Finally and this one can be just a simple yes or no answer, if allowed back you will need to turn in all ores, all diamond gear and tools, and have your balance reset to 0, do you agree to these terms?

(03-05-2019, 02:38 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright. So in order for me to consider allowing you back I'm going to ask that you answer each of the following question with a minimum of 2 sentences each. After which I will review your responses and make a decision about allowing you back.

Why is X-raying bad?

Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

Finally and this one can be just a simple yes or no answer, if allowed back you will need to turn in all ores, all diamond gear and tools, and have your balance reset to 0, do you agree to these terms?
Why is X-raying bad? 
X-raying may cause problems for the economy. Not only that, x-raying  may be considered cheating because you may gain things you would not have gotten if you did not have it.

When X-raying, you may have gained something, but someone else could have gotten it themself if you didn't cheat.
This causes a loss for the other players, and isn't quite fair.

You may use X-ray to find rare things and you may take them and sell it for yourself. Which may hurt the economy alot due to how much money you gain and how much others lose due to the act of cheating.

A better way of getting an item you want, I can find it legitmately.
Another way of getting and item you want is to buy it from another player.

You are not allowed to add/delete/harvest any blocks that aren't natural. This is because it is not your own.

I saw this beacon out in the wild and I thought it was something I could just take for myself. It was something I could use without having to make myself. I could also sell it for profit, which is what I did.

if allowed back you will need to turn in all ores, all diamond gear and tools, and have your balance reset to 0, do you agree to these terms?
I do agree to these terms.

Your balance has been reset to zero, you will need to turn in your tools/ore/armor/etc. to a staff member when you log onto the server. Welcome back to Hometown.