• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castle Keep
Hello, I'm new.

I started working on building this pretty much as soon as I joined the server a few days ago. I'm hoping to expand it into a small castle town area eventually.

[Image: zjwEfG7.png]

I'm using Dokucraft as my texture pack, this build is super ugly without a pack due to my excessive use of cobblestone.

[Image: zs15Uid.png]

There's still a bit of work to be done to the ceiling of the throne room but other than that the keep itself is done. The perimeter wall on the other hand... a lot of it is still dirt.

[Image: C73xaOz.png]

I tried to make it big but not too big. I wanted it to have grand rooms like the throne room and the great hall, but I also wanted it to look like it was built as a fort first, more Game of Thrones than Disney.

[Image: 2AODnit.png]

I wasn't 100% sure what to do with the roof of the throne room, so I went with something a bit different. I thought a flat roof looked weird so instead I added a gabled roof with dormers. Unfortunately it's currently infested with skeleton horses.

[Image: MhBo0A3.png]

Anyway, I'll keep updating my progress on here if anyone's interested in seeing how this project goes, and maybe in the future I'll get a warp and make a town out of it.

[Image: sQp8otl.png]

Hi BK! This looks really awesome! Keep up the good work and feel free to find me and message me on the server@ wiseman738 should you need materials or even ideas!

Best regards
Wise!

Love it!
xo

Awesome!
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of their skin, or their background or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
~Nelson Mandela

This looks great. Your texture pack fits that type of build so well. Good job!! Smile

Great work! I'm a huge fan of castles. Great to have you in HomeTown.

Thanks folks! I wasn't expecting that positive of a response, honestly.

The other buildings I'm going to be putting into the town are a cathedral, blacksmith, armory/guardhouse, stables, those sorts of things then fill out the rest with player housing. After I get stuff blocked in a bit better and come up with a town name I'll buy a warp for it.