Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlueFalcon55's Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: BlueFalcon55

Reason for your ban: Use of X-Ray

Who banned you: vilneas

Why should you be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned for several reasons. First, the actual date of my ban was several years ago. I certainly believe I have served my time away from the server, and I am ready to come back as a member of the community. Second, I have not used any form of X-Ray mods, hacks, or resource packs since my ban. I have changed as a player. I value hard work and reward over simply always having the items I want. That's what creative mode is for, and I recognize that now. I'll admit that this ban was totally justified. I was using X-Ray to find diamonds and give myself an unfair advantage over other players. However, I'm not here to appeal the grounds on which I was banned. I'm here to say that I've changed as a player. I will not repeat the same mistake. I will not cheat in survival. I will work for my achievements. I will not break the rules. I will follow them. I will not transgress admins or any other staff member of this wonderful server. I will do everything that I can to prevent another event like this from happening again if I'm granted one more chance.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because of how much I miss this server. I didn't realize it before I was banned, but Hometown was quite literally becoming my home town. The sense of community here was amazing. I made friends, I built a town, and I was thriving. For some reason that I'll never know, I decided to cheat and risk throwing it all away. That's exactly what happened; I threw it all away. All I need is one more chance to prove that I've changed. To see the friends I made again. To see my small town that was thriving. To see everything that I've legitimately worked for on this server. I understand that X-Ray appeals are rarely accepted, but I hope that I can be an exception, for just one more chance.

Hello I will be responding to your appeal, I appreciate your honesty and the effort in this appeal. However, before you are unbanned I will need you to answer the following questions with at minimum 2 sentences each.

- Why is X-Raying wrong?

- How does X-Ray affect the economy?

- What have you learnt from this experience?
- KatNip

(03-09-2019, 03:23 PM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: Hello I will be responding to your appeal, I appreciate your honesty and the effort in this appeal. However, before you are unbanned I will need you to answer the following questions with at minimum 2 sentences each.

- Why is X-Raying wrong?

- How does X-Ray affect the economy?

- What have you learned from this experience?

- Why is X-Raying wrong? X-Raying is wrong because it gives the player using the hack, resource pack, mod, etc. an unfair advantage. They get more money and resources while putting in less work. It also undermines the basic premise of survival mode, which is to go around and explore, not to have everything you need at your disposal. 

- How does X-Ray affect the economy?  X-Ray can destroy the economy. If everyone had nearly unlimited diamonds, which could be sold for nearly unlimited money, there would be no point in an economy. With just one person using X-Ray, he could potentially boost himself up to one of the top positions on the market. That person who climbed to the top by cheating could set a precedent to the other players that X-Ray is perfectly fine. 

- What have you learned from this experience? I have learned to work for my accomplishments, not to cheat them in. Once I decided to cheat, everything came crashing down on me. I took the community of this server for granted. It's near impossible to find a living server with a great community. I will never use X-Ray, nor any other cheats, ever again.

You will be unbanned. Welcome back to HomeTown!
Please do /rules upon returning

- just to let you know, since your last login, we have had a server reset so you will join with nothing and have to do the tutorial
- KatNip

Thank you!