• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
The server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on Hometown MC survival/towny server. (SMP)

Minecraft name: Bubbles_mc_

Reason for your ban: I was banned for theft of a beacon.

Who banned you: Steasaur

Why should you be unbanned: While in the nether, I came across a large build that included 3 beacons. I had not explored the nether much and thought that it was an auto-spawned structure that was free to take from. It was not until later after I had left that area that I realized it belonged to another player. I messaged him/her and apologized and told them that next time they are on to message me and I will, of course, give it back. My intentions were not to steal for my own profit or to hurt any other players. I am truly sorry.

Why do you want to come back: Hometown is the only towny server I have found where the people are kind and the server is simple. It is pretty much like playing in a regular Minecraft world with friends. People are never mean and I always had good experiences on the server. The last thing I'd want to do is ruin somebody else's time on the server. It is just a really fun server and it is the only server I ever really go on now. However, if I am undeserving to come back, I deeply understand and wish the absolute best to all the nice players and staff I had the pleasure of meeting.

Please answer the following in order to be unbanned.  

You need to answer with at least two sentances each or your appeal may be denied.

1. Are you allowed to modify any builds/blocks that are not yours?

2. Can you claim ownership of abandoned builds?

3. If an area isn't claimed is it ok to borrow anything you need?

4. If you find a build that has already been griefed and no one was punished for it, is it ok to grief it yourself?

5. If you come across a structure and you are unsure if it naturally generated or not, what should you do?
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(03-15-2019, 02:59 PM)Steasaur Wrote: Please answer the following in order to be unbanned.  

You need to answer with at least two sentences each or your appeal may be denied.

1. Are you allowed to modify any builds/blocks that are not yours?
    No. Even if something is not claimed, if you did not place it, you should not replace ot modify it. If you didn't place it, it is not yours to take from.

2. Can you claim ownership of abandoned builds?
    I believe not, no. You'd never know if somebody is really never going to come back, so you shouldn't mess with anything. Even if it seems like they've been gone forever.
3. If an area isn't claimed is it ok to borrow anything you need?
   As I have learned now, no. Maybe someone doesn't know how to claim something. You should not take advantage of that by stealing something.
4. If you find a build that has already been griefed and no one was punished for it, is it ok to grief it yourself?
     No. Not only will the blame be placed on you, it is just common sense not to grief something. Even if you think you won't get in trouble for it. As a general rule, you should not mess with something that you haven't placed yourself.
5. If you come across a structure and you are unsure if it naturally generated or not, what should you do?
    Talk to staff or other educated players. Just because it is unclaimed does not mean that it is naturally generated. Also, as I should've done, look around and see if there are any signs that show it isn't naturally generated.

You have been unbanned.

Upon returning please hand over the beacon to any staff. Failure to do so will result in a new ban.

Welcome back to HomeTown!
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: CHUCKDAFOX

Reason for your ban: diamond block theft

Who banned you: Ender

Why should you be unbanned: i was running through the forest when i stumbled across 4 diamond blocks int he forest they were not claimed nor were they guarded so i took them i sorry i will buy 4 more and replace them 

Why do you want to come back: because this server is great i love it i had no idea the blocks were someones i thought it was a abandoned project

(03-17-2019, 12:52 AM)CHUCKDAFOX Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: CHUCKDAFOX

Reason for your ban: diamond block theft

Who banned you: Ender

Why should you be unbanned: i was running through the forest when i stumbled across 4 diamond blocks int he forest they were not claimed nor were they guarded so i took them i sorry i will buy 4 more and replace them 

Why do you want to come back: because this server is great i love it i had no idea the blocks were someones i thought it was a abandoned project

Please make your own appeal thread.
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]