• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send Help
Heya. Here's a couple of things:

Ability to silk touch spawners (This would probably work best as a VIP perk?)

For/Against argument:
This would only work with natural spawners (Spider, Cave Spider, Skeleton, Zombie)
Adding the ability to silk touch spawners would be really useful for farms and give spawners a worthwhile price.
Although I suppose having a large amount of spawners could be considered overpowered, I'd say that's not true. Yes, shops for mob drops would be effected a lot but for the majority of the community it'd make mob drops drop in price and available for players. This also wouldn't be overpowered as mob drops from naturally spawn have no large use in this server, the most useful being bones (Only effect farming, but bones are cheap anyway, so it would have little effect) and arrows. (for bows, again not too useful)
Spawners as an item could also be added to /warp slots or similar areas of the community as rare rewards, similar to how the shulker box is.

MCMMO

For/Against argument:
Could be a vote reward, which would encourage more people to vote.
Obviously long time players will have a large advantage from it, making them overpowered. To stop this we could have a MCMMO reset every 6 months (or whatever works best) to prevent massive build ups.
The ability to configure it's rewards could help encourage people to do more, be more productive on the server, and help people out.

Thanks for reading!

McMMo ruins the survival experience for me, and it would sort of generalize us into some other survival servers I play, I honestly would hate McMMo as it would give advantages to other players (Plus tree feller is super overpowered) [For example, In 3 months I was able to get 5k treefeller levels on a different server - and was able to collect two invfulls in just three minutes.]

Being able to silk touch spawners would just inflate the economy as it would allow players to create massive blaze, zombie, spider and skeleton farms as well,
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(04-17-2019, 02:47 AM)Cil Wrote: Being able to silk touch spawners would just inflate the economy as it would allow players to create massive blaze, zombie, spider and skeleton farms as well,

In what way would it inflate the economy and why would large farms be a bad thing?

(04-17-2019, 03:57 AM)JakeRGN Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 02:47 AM)Cil Wrote: Being able to silk touch spawners would just inflate the economy as it would allow players to create massive blaze, zombie, spider and skeleton farms as well,

In what way would it inflate the economy and why would large farms be a bad thing?

If people could silk touch spawners it would mean they could sell the spawners for thousands of dollars just because they claimed the spawners a while ago, creating inflation witht he economy as people who claimed tons of spawners could sell more, while with large farms, players could build monopolies on these spawners as people keep buying them from others - limiting the capacity of others to be able to farm, causing even more inflation as prices go higher due for the mob drops
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Fun Little plugins that would kind of differentiate hometown from other servers. Plugins that wouldn't change the overall aspect of the survival experience but add something to work towards, like a level up system that isn't like mcmmo where it will give mining perk but to give the players something to work and compete for. Kinda like how people want to fight for the baltop.

Maybe even trekkie's plugin AdvancedGift
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

A lotto or something could also be fun. Like maybe 250 a ticket will an alright to brilliant jackpot. One week the prize could be a trident, then the next it may be an elytra etc. etc. Maybe it wouldn’t we weekly;a fortnightly or monthly one would be just as fun!