Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: _Turtle_Hero_

Reason for your ban: Stealing Diamond Blocks

Who banned you: Ender.

Why should you be unbanned: I was unaware of a rule that could get banned for "stealing" blocks that were not claim, despite the fact of the constant auto message of claiming your land.

Why do you want to come back: I found this server from a Minecraft Server List website as I wanted to play casually and just build on my own compared were as other survival servers, they were unstable. This server has a very appealing community compared to the other servers and I just started building 3 days ago. I had a lot fun exploring the world and I wish to continue this experience, if staff decides to unban me.

First and foremost, I would like to preface this discussion by letting you know that on HomeTown, any built structure counts as a claim and therefore shall not be touched (unless it is built by you or the person who built it gives you explicit permission to edit the build) or stolen from, regardless of wether or not it looks abandoned. The tutorial you went through when you joined says not to grief.

You stole a total of 10 diamond blocks from a structure near spawn.

Despite this, I understand that you are a new player, and I am willing to un-ban you if you if you answer a few questions for me. 

1. Are you allowed to break or remove any blocks that aren't yours?

2. Even if a build looks abandoned, does that mean you can take from it?

3. What have you learned from this discussion? 
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

Good Evening Ender,

Before I answer the questions, I want to know if staff or member with permission, can destroy my builds despite me being banned. I understand I did wrong in my end.

Thank you for the consideration,
~ _Turtle_Hero_

Your stuff will not be removed or moved by a staff member or any other member on the server (especially since you've only been banned for a couple of hours.)

Good Evening Ender,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I've made the decision to not continue with the server. After browsing through other Ban Appeals, I longer feel comfortable rejoining the server.

Despite this, looking into your first reply and after discussing with my older brother too, we both agreed that "no griefing" is too broad of offense, and can be easily mistaken and runs the risk of a permanent ban, as can be shown in other related ban appeals.

I respectfully ask that any of my builds, mainly my house and farm, and animals be deleted or given away to another member of the community, please. This is with permission of me, _Turtle_Hero_.

Thank you for help, and I wish you the best for the future.

Respectfully,
~ _Turtle_Hero_

Very well, then.

I hope you enjoyed your time at HomeTown- remember, should you ever decide you want to come back, you can always continue the appeal.

Wishing you the best in the future!