• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Would you be interested in a program to search chat logs?
I am not interested
I am happy to install python and use the python code
I would like a proper program that doesn't require me to understand code
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chatlog search program
Chatlog Search v1.4 is now available!

Hey guys, I just wrote a tiny little search program for Cil (literally took me under 5 mins) and realised that it might be a useful tool for people to use.

So... If enough people are interested, I will convert it to an executable and create an installation wizard so that all you need to do is download the installer and run it and you'll be able to search your chatlogs for stuff.

Please let me know if you're interested in this!
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

cant we just use the find function in like notepad++ or wordpad? Or is there something more with this?

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

Does this program search through all your chatlogs in the containing folder Peng or just for keywords within a specific log?

(04-08-2019, 05:19 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Does this program search through all your chatlogs in the containing folder Peng or just for keywords within a specific log?

every log.
I can also make it search before + after specific dates

I can say right now that just about every staff member would greatly appreciate a program like that.

It would also allow me to help gam find her hometown birthday as well,
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

fun fact: minecraft doesn't compress its gzip files correctly and every now and then I encounter a corrupt file where the end of file marker is missing. Cil, did you get this on your computer or is it just my logs?

(04-09-2019, 05:05 AM)Penguin Wrote: fun fact: minecraft doesn't compress its gzip files correctly and every now and then I encounter a corrupt wile where the end of file marker isn't missing. Cil, did you get this on your computer or is it just my logs?

Hmm, I didn't get this error
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

right well I've added an exception handler to deal with that and stop the program from crashing. Currently working on the UI and then I'll add the ability to search before and after set dates

ahh, so it searches all the chat logs. Now I understand. That would be very nice indeed.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]