Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal.
Server you were banned on (SMP/discord): SMP
Minecraft name: Krothen

Reason for your ban: Theft
Who banned you: Uber

Why should you be unbanned:
There was no warning, other than the signs posted on the far side of the chest. Now I know that the "font" is a piss-poor excuse for taking from another's chest, and it will not happen again. I just got greedy and stole, and I will return all items taken. (On another note, if he didn't want the items taken, why didn't he just lock his chest? And another note, the chest kind of seems like a ban bait, and that's wrong in every sense to bait newer players who aren't familiar with the rules. As far as I knew there's no griefing, and chests can be locked, so it's therefor not theft.)

Why do you want to come back:
I have meant no intentional harm on any players on our sever and would love the privilege of returning. I believe this was all a big misunderstanding and am willing to return any missing items. I love playing on this server, with my friends; Protogears, Snowfl4k3, Andernav and Sighhhhhhh, futhermore if I am allowed to return to the server that would be wonderful. Thank you for your time, and your consideration.

I will return from work tomorrow morning; if there's a response, I will promptly respond.

To start out there are signs on all 4 sides of the chest that says First Line:"Ubers Chest" Second Line:"Keep Out" so the far side thing will not fly. I don't have lock my chests and neither should any other player on the server (yes it was my chest you stole from). You as a player should have enough respect of others to not steal from them. Taking from another players chest even if it is unlocked unless it is stated by the player that owns the chest is theft and considered grief. So this is not a misunderstanding what you did is against HomeTown rules and will not be tolerated. 

I would like at least 3 or more sentences per question. After I read your response we will consider unbanning you. 

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) When are you allowed to take from another players unlocked chest?

6) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

No, as it would be stealing without the proper owner's consent. Furthermore plants, if replaced would not seem to be farm griefing as long as it replanted. I came to that conclusion from looking at other people's bans for grief, and noticed an admin saying that it would be possibly permissible, so in other word's it's in a grey area, but I'd lean more towards asking for the owner's permission.

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

No, as far as I know. They would possibly be able to be unbanned, and therefore their build would still be in construction. Furthermore it would be possible if the player may give external rights to the current build, as long as it were not claimed, as to my current knowledge, but before doing so, ask a moderator or an admin.

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

No, as the player might return, and continue the construction of it. I'm not sure if even administrative or moderator permission would be allowed because of it being an "abandoned" build. But if possible, if you had the constructor's permission, possibly that would be allowed.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

Notify them, allow them to understand that it was accidental. Also, if possible pay for the replacement of the block, or see if an admin could do a rollback. If that's not possible, a sincere apology should be enough with replacement of the block.

5) When are you allowed to take from another players unlocked chest?

As far as I am understanding now, never, unless given permission. Quoting you: "Taking from another players chest even if it is unlocked unless it is stated by the player that owns the chest is theft and considered grief." So coming from that; it is with only express permission that you are allowed to.

6) What have you learned from this experience?

Not to take without the owner's consent and to not be greedy. This was an idiotic move on my behalf and I will try my best to better the server. This will not happen again.

You have been unbanned, I have removed the stolen items from your inv and your chests. Welcome back to HomeTown.