Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned From Hometown
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.playhometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Memorri

Reason for your ban: Griefing

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: I literally have zero clue who I griefed....Its only my 2nd day on this server. I love this community I never would grief. and I don't know how I would grief with the claims? 

Why do you want to come back: I love the community and the server! 

I was called over earlier today by a player stating that the build they had started had been removed by another player, upon investigation I found that the entire build was removed by you. I attempted to get your attention in game but you did not respond, and after a moment I believe were kicked for being idle too long. At that point I rolled back the grief (which amounted to over 100 blocks changed in the area) and banned you with appeal. It is worth pointing out at this time that I think you misunderstand our rules. While we have claim plugins we do not require that players use them, they are primarily to protect things that staff cannot easily roll back and for those players that don't want to have to deal with getting staff to do the rollback in the first place. We do not allow grief of any form, as pointed out in rule #6 on the server under /rules: "Do not modify other players' builds. This includes crops and animals"

If we only relied on claims to stop grief this rule would be unnecessary to list. Put simply, we do not allow grief in any form, and it is a bannable offense.

If you'd like to rejoin Hometown please answer the following questions in a sentence or so each to show that you understand our rules, after which I will review and consider unbanning you.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you grief the area?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/BFvJrZv

(05-09-2019, 02:00 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: I was called over earlier today by a player stating that the build they had started had been removed by another player, upon investigation I found that the entire build was removed by you. I attempted to get your attention in game but you did not respond, and after a moment I believe were kicked for being idle too long. At that point I rolled back the grief (which amounted to over 100 blocks changed in the area) and banned you with appeal. It is worth pointing out at this time that I think you misunderstand our rules. While we have claim plugins we do not require that players use them, they are primarily to protect things that staff cannot easily roll back and for those players that don't want to have to deal with getting staff to do the rollback in the first place. We do not allow grief of any form, as pointed out in rule #6 on the server under /rules: "Do not modify other players' builds. This includes crops and animals"

If we only relied on claims to stop grief this rule would be unnecessary to list. Put simply, we do not allow grief in any form, and it is a bannable offense.

If you'd like to rejoin Hometown please answer the following questions in a sentence or so each to show that you understand our rules, after which I will review and consider unbanning you.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals? No

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
No, because they may have an appeal

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
No because they may come back to it.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
Replace it.

5) Why did you grief the area?
I was exploring and saw the quartz unclaimed and looked abandoned so I took it.

6) What have you learned from this experience?
Do not assume things are abandoned and take things that arent yours.

Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/BFvJrZv

You've been unbanned. Welcome back to Hometown.

(05-09-2019, 03:36 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: You've been unbanned. Welcome back to Hometown
What is the name of the person I griefed? I would like to send an apology mail to them