• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown Minecraft Server

Minecraft name: halwaffles

Reason for your ban: theft

Who banned you: Uber (I think uberbunny)

Why should you be unbanned: I do not believe I committed any theft other than when I first joined I harvested one wheat, two potatoes, a carrot, and a beet seed from an unclaimed plot of land. I apologize if that was the issue and I would compensate the individual greatly if that is what the theft is about. Other than that, I do not to my memory recall stealing from someone in any way. I have not been banned from any other servers in my lifetime, and I'm at a place in my play that I would not commit the same harvesting action again. Like I said, I would compensate the individual with the majority of my crops to make up for the theft if the harvesting above is what corresponded to my ban.

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy the hometown server. The people are kind, and in all honesty this is the first server that I've consistently found myself joining and playing on. I've never really had that on any other server. Also, I've been working on an underwater build that would be disappointing if I couldn't complete. 

Hope that my ban is overturned but if not then I wish everyone the best of luck on the server.

You removed 224 iron ingots from my chest near /warp uberiron , I would like at least 2 or more sentences per question. After I read your response we will consider unbanning you. 

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(05-20-2019, 08:36 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: 1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
You are not allowed to take away any item, block, or animal without their express permission. If you are given express permission then I am allowed to make alterations that fit within the needs of the individual. If no permission is granted then it is wrong to manipulate anything that is theirs.
2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
If a player is banned, it is still not for me or anyone to take over their build. That player has the opportunity to come back with a proper appeal, so taking away their build would in essence would be stealing from the player what they may have build honestly.
3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
If a build is abandoned, it would be best to not manipulate or change any of what was built, unless the individual who built it has given express confirmation that the build has been permanently abandoned and the individual is given permission to remove any part. Other than those conditions the individual should not morally make any changes to the build as it does not belong to them.
4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
If an individual accidentally breaks a block, placing the block back is the right thing to do. If the plot is claimed and it cannot be put back, then finding the nearest point to place a chest with the block and a sign would be ideal to explain the situation.
5) What have you learned from this experience?
Well, first and foremost I've learned that /warp uberiron is used differently than I had thought. But on a more serious note I have confirmation that theft is not acceptable under any circumstances, as according to the more cooperative nature of the server.

Just wanted to say post my answers that I honestly had no idea that they were yours and I genuinely thought that the iron in the chest was something everyone could use, so for that I'm really sorry and would like to clarify how /warp uberiron is used so I won't make that same mistake again. (The chest was always open and I'd never known before that the chest was not used for the public deposit of iron).

Also, I don't know how much iron I have but I'm willing to give all of the iron that I have collected as compensation for the misunderstanding on my part.

You have been unbanned, Please do not take from chests that are not listed by the owner as public. I am not worried about the iron (as it was my iron) just about the lesson learned and not repeating it. Welcome back to HomeTown.