• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innaproprite Jokes/Unfair Treatment
Mod rules should be modified because apparently if we joke around with them then we get banned for being disrespectful. If you aren't vip you clearly get treated differently than being a guest, because there were people in the server taking about Llama Sex who were vip and they did not get a warning nor ban for it. This boggles my mind because my friend and I get banned for joking with each other, however, my other friend doesn't get banned at all and did the same thing. The jokes were taken way to serious by these mods or whoever for literally 4 of them to ban us both for saying "we irritating lol".

We were banned by: Mel,Illogical,Ender,and Kat
If one of you are reading this I hope you learn to take jokes in the future, it'll really benefit you [Image: smile.png]

Unban me and KoryKorn please, because if Vips cant get banned for talking about inappropriate things in the chat, then we can joke around in the server about PG things as well. There was clearly a miscommunication, and this shouldn't happen anymore. 

Thanks!

(06-16-2019, 06:10 AM)surfacetension Wrote: Mod rules should be modified because apparently if we joke around with them then we get banned for being disrespectful. If you aren't vip you clearly get treated differently than being a guest, because there were people in the server taking about Llama Sex who were vip and they did not get a warning nor ban for it. This boggles my mind because my friend and I get banned for joking with each other, however, my other friend doesn't get banned at all and did the same thing. The jokes were taken way to serious by these mods or whoever for literally 4 of them to ban us both for saying "we irritating lol".

We were banned by: Mel,Illogical,Ender,and Kat
If one of you are reading this I hope you learn to take jokes in the future, it'll really benefit you [Image: smile.png]

Unban me and KoryKorn please, because if Vips cant get banned for talking about inappropriate things in the chat, then we can joke around in the server about PG things as well. There was clearly a miscommunication, and this shouldn't happen anymore. 

Thanks!

I've been apart of this server for awhile now and ive never felt welcomed. Ever since I've joined , there's always been this unspoken stigma around non-vip /admins. You're dehumanized on this server in many ways for the simple face that you paid a few dollars to have your username in bold and in rainbow colours. My friend and I were banned today for being annoying. I personally feel as if that servers and server staff should interact in a positive manner towards others and know how to take a joke. If we would have been either vips or admins, this situation would have went  differently but because of their abuse of power, we were treated like pests despite being on this server for quite some time. There was strong miscommunication and disrespect in this situation and i feel that this shouldn't have been a ban-able offense.On top of that, directly after my friend and I were scolded for “trolling”, Kiara2478 made a “joke” about her llama’s having sex and this was seen as acceptable? We shouldn't be limited to interact with people with ranks and be discriminated against just because we didn't have ranks. Jokes should be taken as such and we shouldn’t have gotten banned if we offended anyone with our “trolling”.  also this is (korykorn)

It was clear you were making jokes, however it was purely annoying to everyone on the server. We have things like /msg and party chat for group 'banter' rather than global. You found things funny which everyone else began complaining about. We know when to take a joke, however you were more causing issues in chat.
We do not 'abuse our power' we simply use the rules and apply them. Two of you left and logged back in to then insult us, where in the rules it says be respectful to everyone. We treat everyone fairly until they seem to be causing problems.

We are sorry that you have felt unwelcomed, however you had caused reasonable issues in chat today but again, we are willing to unban you if you make an appeal in the correct section of the forums. Staff are as positive as possible, however its incredibly straining when you have 3 players causing issues in chat.  We do not mean to come across as kill joys but group trolling is not accepted here. If you were to be in a party chat it would be more acceptable as again you all put in chat "we are irritating" at the same time, which isn't funny at all.

Thread Locked. Appeal if you so wish under the ban appeals section Smile
- KatNip