• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptops and tech confusion.
Hey so when it comes to computer specs and which to get I’m woefully unaware. All I know if it it runs  Minecraft then that’s good. So, I’m looking into getting a mackbook and selling my
current Lenovo. Would you more technologically informed say this is a good idea or is Microsoft better than Macintosh?

If not an MacBook what would you recommend? I need something around that size but with a decent amount of storage etc. 

I figure ppl here know stuff like that xd

(06-18-2019, 03:05 AM)WarMongerDeltic Wrote: Hey so when it comes to computer specs and which to get I’m woefully unaware. All I know if it it runs  Minecraft then that’s good. So, I’m looking into getting a mackbook and selling my
current Lenovo. Would you more technologically informed say this is a good idea or is Microsoft better than Macintosh?

If not an MacBook what would you recommend? I need something around that size but with a decent amount of storage etc. 

i would say avoid anything with the word "book" in the title and go for a windows laptop. anything with an i3 or i5 processor will be perfectly fine! (i5 is better though)

HOWEVER

a macbook would still be fine if you're so inclined (I just hate them)
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(06-18-2019, 03:08 AM)Penguin Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 03:05 AM)WarMongerDeltic Wrote: Hey so when it comes to computer specs and which to get I’m woefully unaware. All I know if it it runs  Minecraft then that’s good. So, I’m looking into getting a mackbook and selling my

i would say avoid anything with the work "book" in the title and go for a windows laptop. anything with an i3 or i5 processor will be perfectly fine! (i5 is better though)

HOWEVER

a macbook would still be fine if you're so inclined (I just hate them)
Thanks Penguin, really helps. At the end of the day I need a smaller laptop and the MacBooks seemed to fit the description. Thanks for the help - I’ll look into other windows options

MacBooks are not really designed for things like Minecraft, although having a smooth running laptop is great with decent screen quality, its not one to probably buy for the purpose of Minecraft and/or video games. Personally I would suggest a computer with Microsoft which you find better suiting to your preferences. Maybe look into it a bit more online?
- KatNip

lol I have both an iMac and MacBook (Pro) and use both to play MC, and honestly, my performance is pretty good and I have no complaints about it; GENERALLY, Windows computers are better at handling actual gaming etc., but I prefer the user experience of Mac over Windows.
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

Thanks for the help guys!
just a bit annoying really aren’t i