• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HomeTown Beginner UserGuide
I wanted to share my beginners user guide since the new forum is up and running. These are a lot of things I've learned over the past year I've been on HomeTown MineCraft. This is a great server with lots of great people and always improving. I'm hoping we get enough responses on this that we can request the HomeTown wise elders to add a new section under the Forums for a 'HomeTown wiki' that we can expand over time.

HomeTown Beginner UserGuide
      • HomeTown security (how to protect your creations and ask for grief assistance.)
        • if you get griefed, do not fix it yourself: simply ask in chat for grief assistance, or do /who guardian, /who mod or /who admin. They can roll back the damage for you.
      • VIP benefits
        • 2 and 3 has /fly VIP (great for building new creations)
        • VIP1 has 5 sethomes, VIP2 has 10 sethomes and VIP3 has unlimited sethomes
        • /sethome (name) (example – sethome homebase or sethome project1 (use /home to get a list of your previous /sethomes)
      • How to make $ in Hometown (for buying supplies, etc) Vote for $5 x3 (in game, type /vote and click on 3 links. Be aware, you MUST be in game and click on links to get the hometown money added to your account. If you are simply on your phone, it will not be added to your hometown account.) You can vote daily.
      • How to upgrade your MineCraft avator
        • http://www.minecraftskins.com (this is just one example)
        • Click upload to minecraft
        • Type in your e-mail and password
        • Log out and back into to minecraft
      • List of good to know warps (I’m sure there are many I missed, please reply to add yours)
        • warp moderntown,
        • warp florisse
        • warp 7/11
        • warp kshop
        • warp packmart
        • warp joshop
        • Warp farms
        • Warp warp_list
        • /warp protect
        • /warp slimejump
        • /warp jozo
        • /warp webster
        • /warp abbeyville
        • /warp agapeisland
        • /warp merrytrees
        • /warp buildcorp
        • /warp tundratown
        • /warp cakebot
        • /warp highlands
        • /warp Olympia
        • /warp reap

• Recommend places to visit, see the greatest builds of HomeTown.
        • /moderntown – HomeTown Observatory.
        • Many many others – add yours here!
      • In game messaging
        • Type /m aron23 message (for example '/m aron23 Hi aron23') with no quotes.
        • Reply er
      • Basics of commands
        • F2 screen shot (default) (on your computer, browse to C:\Users\%user profile name%\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\screenshots (windows 7, 8, 10)
        • Q on keyboard to throw item (for example if you have something you don’t want in your inventory)
        • F5 to look at yourself (F5 again to change to a different view)
        • /fly (double space bar to start flying, click space bar again to go higher and left shift to go lower while flying) (must be vip 2 or 3 to have this capability)
      • Lessons learned
        • If your wrist is getting tired and hurts because of using the default commands to move (w=forward, s=backwards, a=move left, d=move right), either stop playing (wrong answer J) get a good wrist support and keyboard and look at buying a new mouse that you can configure for certain actions. I personally have a razor mouse ($70 on amazon, great Christmas gift, ask Santa for next year!) with 12 different buttons including the scroll button can left and right click.

Hope you have found this helpful, please reply and support adding a HomeTown Wiki where we can have the community help add helpful items for newer players.

aron23

This seems pretty Useful!! I like it! :3
- KatNip

Love the user guide, Aron. Guardian is now enforcer though. Maybe put cool warps in sections like towns, shops, cool stuff, farms, etc

useful tips and info, thanks

Thanks, I can update it to enforcer. Great idea about the warps. Who do we need to talk to, to get a wiki added. Would that be frost himself?

Can you add ./warp Cambridge and /warp CambridgeCityCentre?
 ~ Member since February 2014 ~
[Image: 1v5bXnq.jpg]

Awesome guide! I am sure it will be useful for new members
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

Thanks Brockist, I will make sure to add it once the official wiki gets created, thanks for your contributions.

Great info Aron and thanks for putting this together! Info on the rank perks could be helpful, I've been with the server for a while and never knew what perks were available to me Tongue