Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):  smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: merkat12

Reason for your ban: x-raying/lying

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I was not the one x-raying. I was playing with Corbindal and was unaware that they were x-raying, I assumed they were having good luck and allowed followed when they found diamonds. I lack the knowledge of how to acquire mods and do not plan on gaining that knowledge at all in the future. I was just trying to mine out my mine a bit more and expand it, and gain some ores from it. I am sorry about my friends use of x-ray, I wasn't aware it was being used and did not know they had mods before I was banned. I am sorry for not realizing and reporting it, I have no experience with mods or what it looks like when they are in use.

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy the overall feeling of the server, it is very welcoming and enjoyable. I have a group of friends on this server and I am otherwise unaware that they are on any other servers. I would like to continue playing on this server in the future. The friends I have made on the server are some of the best friends I've had in a long while and I would very much like to continue playing with them

(07-12-2019, 06:48 PM)merkat12 Wrote: Why should you be unbanned: I was not the one x-raying. I was playing with Corbindal and was unaware that they were x-raying, I assumed they were having good luck and allowed followed when they found diamonds. I lack the knowledge of how to acquire mods and do not plan on gaining that knowledge at all in the future. I was just trying to mine out my mine a bit more and expand it, and gain some ores from it. I am sorry about my friends use of x-ray, I wasn't aware it was being used and did not know they had mods before I was banned. I am sorry for not realizing and reporting it, I have no experience with mods or what it looks like when they are in use.

There's one primary issue I have with your explanation.  You claim you were just following your friend, Corbindal, but you never mentioned this in your story: A & B .  This is a vein of diamond you uncovered while you were mining with Corbindal, and then filled the hole with stone.  You found this vein through pure stone.  Aside from the slime-block pit, it was the one and only time you mined a 2x2 straight down in this mine and hit a vein of diamond head-on as seen from this side-view.  There was also a section of that you mined out straight to diamond again here , which was also right beside where Corbindal was x-raying.  The timing is very off, too.  I went back and double-checked.  Between the two veins I listed above, you mined both veins within 0.03hr (1min 48sec) of one another in a beacon-less mine, which means: you mined to the first vein, filled up the hole with stone, and then mined down to the 2nd vein immediately after.

A secondary issue I have is the ever-changing story.  When I jailed you and Corbindal, you said , "? I was strip mining ?".  At the start of your appeal, you stated you were following Corbindal.  At the end of your appeal, you stated you were expanding your mine.  Which is it?
> you were strip-mining
> you were following Corbindal while they were mining
> you were expanding your strip-mine
This is a strip-mine by most people's use of the word, you can see why I have doubts this is what you were doing based on the previous screenshots and observations.  I do not believe you were strip-mining because your tunnels don't follow a strip-mine format.  I do not believe you were just following Corbindal around when they found diamonds--you found your own, too.  I do not believe you were expanding the general area with the way you and Corbindal were mining.

Appeal denied.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(07-13-2019, 11:00 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 06:48 PM)merkat12 Wrote: Why should you be unbanned: I was not the one x-raying. I was playing with Corbindal and was unaware that they were x-raying, I assumed they were having good luck and allowed followed when they found diamonds. I lack the knowledge of how to acquire mods and do not plan on gaining that knowledge at all in the future. I was just trying to mine out my mine a bit more and expand it, and gain some ores from it. I am sorry about my friends use of x-ray, I wasn't aware it was being used and did not know they had mods before I was banned. I am sorry for not realizing and reporting it, I have no experience with mods or what it looks like when they are in use.

There's one primary issue I have with your explanation.  You claim you were just following your friend, Corbindal, but you never mentioned this in your story: A & B .  This is a vein of diamond you uncovered while you were mining with Corbindal, and then filled the hole with stone.  You found this vein through pure stone.  Aside from the slime-block pit, it was the one and only time you mined a 2x2 straight down in this mine and hit a vein of diamond head-on as seen from this side-view.  There was also a section of that you mined out straight to diamond again here , which was also right beside where Corbindal was x-raying.  The timing is very off, too.  I went back and double-checked.  Between the two veins I listed above, you mined both veins within 0.03hr (1min 48sec) of one another in a beacon-less mine, which means: you mined to the first vein, filled up the hole with stone, and then mined down to the 2nd vein immediately after.

A secondary issue I have is the ever-changing story.  When I jailed you and Corbindal, you said , "? I was strip mining ?".  At the start of your appeal, you stated you were following Corbindal.  At the end of your appeal, you stated you were expanding your mine.  Which is it?
> you were strip-mining
> you were following Corbindal while they were mining
> you were expanding your strip-mine
This is a strip-mine by most people's use of the word, you can see why I have doubts this is what you were doing based on the previous screenshots and observations.  I do not believe you were strip-mining because your tunnels don't follow a strip-mine format.  I do not believe you were just following Corbindal around when they found diamonds--you found your own, too.  I do not believe you were expanding the general area with the way you and Corbindal were mining.

Appeal denied.

I'm sorry my appeal didn't make sense, I struggle with writing, I can't see the words well and writing has always been a struggle for me.

I filled in the holes I made so I wouldn't fall in them at a later time, and the strip mining part was true, I've strip mined with other people where I've followed behind them to get anything the missed and check the walls. I did not know that being led to diamonds was a form of x-raying, Corbindal had told me they didn't have much to do with the server and that he would help me find diamonds. If I had known that was a form of x-raying I would not have done it and I'm sorry I participated in it. Corbindal and I were in a voice-call during this time and he did not mention he was x-raying, I assumed he was having a screen glitch as I've had moments where my screen hasn't loaded properly and I can see ores around. 
I am very sorry about the x-raying. I love the server and the people on it. I did not mean to participate in the x-raying, and I'm sorry if this reply doesn't make much sense like the last one, I;m trying to be better at getting my words down

Thought about this for a few days, turning the final decision over to [Admin] DeadCore.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Hi merkat. After considering tou appeal and the things you sent me via dm, I have decided to allow you back, however know that we take x-ray very seriously, that given we will be monitoring your activity and if you break the rules again we will be less likely to allow you back. Welcome back.