Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown

Minecraft name: Roger_Aloha

Reason for your ban: Advertising  also IP banned for no reason

Who banned you: Staff

Why should you be unbanned: I believe I was unfairly targeted, and followed around before I was placed in jail. Then muted and not told why and then not able to do anything after the fact. I should be unbanned because the process in which the staff followed to ban me is extremely unfair.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to come back because this is the first server I was on. Also because all my builds are on this server.

Alright so I'm going to walk you back through the events of the day you got banned, this time from the staff end. A couple of us teleported to you in vanish following us seeing you mention another server name in chat. We saw you placing signs advertising for said server as a way to try to bypass our rules. We softmuted (so you couldn't spam advertise in chat when jailed) and then jailed you to try to talk to you and you got increasingly rude upon realizing that you were softmuted, we proceeded to eventually ban you. After going through the logs it became apparent very quickly that you had gone to several public warps and placed signs not only at your own builds, but also at other players builds advertising that server.

[Image: x3we7CJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Did a little digging and found that the server you were advertising for was one you Admin, and after combing through logs for a bit I found similar signs from the majority of your server's staff team. All the players from whom we found similar signs have also been banned. 

I will add, we have literally no problem with you guys having a new server to play on but that does not mean you are welcome to advertise here. This was absolutely unacceptable and as staff on a server yourself sets a bad example that you were unwilling to follow the rules on our server, but still expect people to follow the ones on yours. 

Ultimately, based on on the situation behind your ban, and your attitude around staff and the Hometown rules, both at the time of your ban and here in your appeal, I do not feel that you are coming back to Hometown in order to contribute positively to the community. 

Normally I'd wish you luck finding a new server but instead, in this case I will wish you good luck with the one you have found.