• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Would you like to see this become a thing ?
Yes ! I'd love to participate
No, I don't like building
I'm not sure, I want more info
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Battle, a possible monthly event !
Brick 
Good day everyone !

Building Battle is probably the most suitable name to an event that could be run by the "awesome" staff team we got.
So, I'll be answering 3 important yet general questions ;
  • How ? Staff (or I'd prefer a max of 5 judges) get to chose a monthly "Theme" and create a warp to an area specificly made for the event where contestents may throw signed books with either warps or coords to where they're gonna build, into a hopper.
    In addition,rules and more can be all sorted later on Wink
  • Who ? Let's say to participate you need to be at least a Regular or something but that's up to the judges so basically anyone can build !
  • Where ? as said above, you gotta make a building in a 20x20 area for example to participate.
  • When ? Judges would set the deadline at the end of every month on the day 28th or so for them to chose let's say 3 winners put in order. (for this point I got a  system that is clean and fair of chosing winners)
That's it for now I got much more details but it'll only be important if the community and staff show some intrest Smile
thanks for your time and may you enjoy the rest of your day !
- Kindest and warmest regards  Tongue

We usually actually have build battles, at ./warp onechunk
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(08-24-2019, 12:02 AM)Cil Wrote: We usually actually have build battles, at ./warp onechunk

That's really nice, but wouldn't it be better if it's managed by staff and more official ?

The build comps at /warp onechunk are usually hosted by uber and judged by staff- we haven't had one since spring event though
*cough Uber cough*

Every month might be a bit much for most and for some gathering all the materials might become quite hard and expensive if it was every month. But would be nice to have another build comp, a new theme, its enjoyable seeing what people build, and going by all the new builds on the server, we have some very talented new people.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

Oh god im gonna miss playing build battles
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Why does staff have to run it? You could host it yourself!  Big Grin

(08-25-2019, 12:58 AM)Jadon_B Wrote: Why does staff have to run it? You could host it yourself!  Big Grin

last time I hosted one, I had 12 players signed up, then only 3 built SOMETHING, and only two finished it, IF they're hosted by staff, a lot more people sign up tbh
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(08-25-2019, 03:17 AM)Cil Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 12:58 AM)Jadon_B Wrote: Why does staff have to run it? You could host it yourself!  Big Grin

last time I hosted one, I had 12 players signed up, then only 3 built SOMETHING, and only two finished it, IF they're hosted by staff, a lot more people sign up tbh

Yeah I get that. But if you really think about it, it doesn't make that much of a difference if its hosted by a player or staff. If an event is well organized it really makes no difference. That's my opinion.

(08-25-2019, 12:20 PM)Jadon_B Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 03:17 AM)Cil Wrote:

Yeah I get that. But if you really think about it, it doesn't make that much of a difference if its hosted by a player or staff. If an event is well organized it really makes no difference. That's my opinion.

well mr jadon  Tongue as you may know I've only joined the server this month and I'm only a member yet
so I wouldn't be able to provide prizes at least let's say which is the only* reason for most people to participate ! 

*(and yeah "fun")