• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Map Download
Hi. Is it possible to get a copy of the 1.12 server map? My brother and I built a lot in that server, and I'd like to be able to play it locally so I can view everything without the render distance limitation in multiplayer.

Also, is it possible to move builds from the 1.12 server to the new 1.14 server where all the players are at?

Thanks!
Roscko

Sorry, we don’t give out the seeds to our maps nor allow them to be downloaded. The render distance was lowered to help with the lag issue that has accompanied the new update(s). If and when the lag is able to be resolved, it’s possible that we’ll be able to turn the render distance back up. In the mean time, we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

As for moving builds, no, we don’t move builds from the 1.12 world to the 1.13 world, sorry. We have hundreds of players and couldn’t possibly move all of their builds, even if it were just one per player.

Thanks for playing!
-melaniebeedot

(08-26-2019, 11:04 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: Sorry, we don’t give out the seeds to our maps nor allow them to be downloaded. The render distance was lowered to help with the lag issue that has accompanied the new update(s). If and when the lag is able to be resolved, it’s possible that we’ll be able to turn the render distance back up. In the mean time, we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

As for moving builds, no, we don’t move builds from the 1.12 world to the 1.13 world, sorry. We have hundreds of players and couldn’t possibly move all of their builds, even if it were just one per player.

Thanks for playing!
-melaniebeedot

Thanks for answering my question. However, I just now read about the server reset! All our hard work in our builds will be wiped with no recourse. Before, I thought we could at least have access to our 1.12 builds, albeit on a less populated server, but with a complete server reset, ALL our builds will be gone! Can an exception please, please be made? 

I read the FAQ about using Litematica, which might work for a building or two. But if you visit the whole areas that my brother and I worked on the past year+, it's a lot of work that will be lost and would be unfathomable to manually port and rebuild block-by-block using Litematica.

To show you what I mean, our largest builds can be found at these locations in the 1.12 world:
  • Our sprawling home base (both above and below surface): 12079 104 -1587
  • Our bar area: 11755 75 -1596
  • Our huge treehouse tree that we are still working on: 11411 159 -1775
  • Our castle: 12297 142 -1662
  • Our system of railway stations and railroads that connect multiple towns and our large builds (you can find stations near most of our other large builds).
I know it's unreasonable to ask for a manual porting of our builds to the new server because that would be way too much effort for staff, and giving us the world seed number is not useful since it is just the natural world without any of our builds. But can we at least have the ability to download to our computers the world files for our builds that we put so much of our creativity, time, and effort as a keepsake? Would limiting this request to just the survival world map or just the map files of our builds be doable? I hope this would be minimal effort needed by staff, just zipping the 1.12 survival world region folder and allowing us to download it. You can strip out any other data files irrelevant to our builds.

Please consider our request under the light of this extenuating circumstance of the impending server reset. 

Thank you very much!

Regarding Litematica I believe there is a "Paste schematic" option to paste blocks, basically making it super easy to utilize litematica
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023