• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SERVER RESET? (Not clickbait!!) (Emotional! Graphic!) (Rated X for xcellent content!)
Hello,

I'm sure this will be a surprise to many but I have a suggestion. It was stated above that the server is essentially running two server as one. Why not just give everyone the opportunity to move anything they wish to keep to the new server world and close down the old 1.13 server and run the new world map (1.14) on its own? One map would probably provide better performance over the two in place and also make several happy about not losing their stuff. Just a thought.

V/R

Thomas_Wraith a.k.a. Spectre

(09-06-2019, 11:02 AM).Thomas_Wraith Wrote: Hello,

I'm sure this will be a surprise to many but I have a suggestion. It was stated above that the server is essentially running two server as one. Why not just give everyone the opportunity to move anything they wish to keep to the new server world and close down the old 1.13 server and run the new world map (1.14) on its own? One map would probably provide better performance over the two in place and also make several happy about not losing their stuff. Just a thought.

V/R

Thomas_Wraith a.k.a. Spectre

Moving all the builds people want to keep from the 1.13 world would require literally days of world editing and the server's host would probably crap out after less than an hours of it. Also, world editing any builds that are made underground would be moving not just the build but possibly hundreds of vertical game chunks into the new world which would most definitely crap out the server's host.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

I was referring to items (armor, weapons, heads) and or animals. Items that can be move by the player themselves. I was attempting to give an option that may appeal to all involved. Forget it though, it would seem you have it covered.

V/R

Thomas_Wraith

(09-06-2019, 11:25 AM)Thomas_Wraith Wrote: I was referring to items (armor, weapons, heads) and or animals. Items that can be move by the player themselves. I was attempting to give an option that may appeal to all involved. Forget it though, it would seem you have it covered.

V/R

Thomas_Wraith

Sorry, I thought you were referring to something a bit different. Armor, heads, and all that can be taken pretty easy, however mobs unfortunately are impossible to move between worlds. They'd have to be killed and a staff member would spawn a new one in the 1.14 world.

Also, is flight going to be disabled for the first few days or so like the last time? On account of it being an incredibly powerful advantage to have on a fresh start that leaves ground-bound players pretty much unable to get a shot at finding valuable structures and biomes.

(09-06-2019, 11:37 AM)Arrei Wrote: Also, is flight going to be disabled for the first few days or so like the last time? On account of it being an incredibly powerful advantage to have on a fresh start that leaves ground-bound players pretty much unable to get a shot at finding valuable structures and biomes.
 Yes, /speed and /fly will be disabled for the first few weeks.
xo

Also @thomas_wraith

There's a lot of things that need adjusting plugin wise that require a full server reset. A lot of backend stuff that won't be fixed if we keep the current worlds

Will claim blocks from voting/purchases transfer over? Trying to make any substantial claim sounds like it'll be difficult without them.

Also a suggestion for the voting. What about a new rank for people that had already reached the max vote rank of [VETERAN] rank in the current server and they'll get like a [VETERAN+in the new server (the different color for the "+" being very important :3) I had pitched something similar to this a while back only it was when somebody reached double the votes required for [VETERAN]

Can we PLEASE do this!!! On the old old server i remember having like 5 Ender Dragons being spawn and the entire server would only get snowballs. Can we please do this again for shits and giggles!!!!!
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

I401 we're still figuring out the claim block situation