• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SERVER RESET? (Not clickbait!!) (Emotional! Graphic!) (Rated X for xcellent content!)
Hi folks and folkettes,

As we all know, the lag on the server as of the past (at least) couple months has been bad. The staff team today decided the best way to solve that issue is to reset the server. For those of you that have been here for many years, this most likely isn't surprising. The server maps, including builds, balances, items, etc will be wiped. Ranks will be kept. The details of this are still being ironed out amongst the staff members, and I assure you we're doing the best to make the best choices for everyone.

What does this mean?
A: A server reset is when we pick a new seed for the server, wipe the builds currently on the maps, and start over from scratch again like we just opened a new server for the first time.

What if I want to save my build? I've worked hard on it!
A: We understand that, and we're talking with Frost to try and find out a way to preserve this map for a little while on the old.hometownmc.com ip so players that would like to can download schematics of their build and re-create what they want to on the new server. If this does not seem like a viable option, further updates will be made on this official thread.

What about my rank?
A: VIP will be kept on the new server, and it will be properly updated to reflect the plugins we choose to keep, not keep, or add. Voting ranks will also be kept. HOWEVER we are currently discussing the possibility of changing up the voting ranks, whether it be removing old ones that were ultimately frivolous or adding new ones we thinking would truly be a "rank up" from where the previous rank had you.

Uh, Star, how long will this catastrophe take?
A: First of all, thanks for the faith you have in us, but once the server goes down for a reset, it will take a few days to clear out old data, secure old builds, and set up the new server again. There's no concrete timeline we can present to you right now because something will undoubtedly go wrong and cause a delay, but we will of course keep you updated using the Hometown Official Discord.

Yeah thanks for answering questions I don't care about, but WHEN WILL THIS ALL HAPPEN??!?!?11!?!
A: In under a month (*Star's time), so on the 28th of September. There will be annoucements before anything happens to remind you of when this is. You can continue playing on the server until this happens, however if this seems like an unreasonable timeline (too long? too short?) please let us know in the comments below.

I still have questions!!!!!!!!!!!
A: Okay, ask below! We don't have all the answers yet, but we will do our best to answer any questions presented to us. This is not something we chose to do lightly, but ultimately we have decided it's the best for the server. We understand some long time players may choose to leave once hearing this news, and we understand. Thank you for the time and effort you've spent on Hometown. You are incredibly appreciated and valued members of the community. If you choose to come back one day, which we hope you do, you will be welcomed with the same cheer you've helped us welcome other players with. For the players that stick along for the ride, thank you for trusting us, and we hope we don't let you down. If you have any comments or concerns, feel free to mention them below or send them privately to a staff member of your choice. 

But... Star... my warp Sad
A: We will have a grace period on warps! The current owners of a certain warp will have four weeks to rebuy it on the new server before it's open for anyone!

As we think of more information and iron out details, we will post it here! Please make sure to check back on this original post for updates, as we will not be posting new threads every time we come up with something. Thank you!

AN FAQ THREAD: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5146

A SUGGESTIONS THREAD: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5144
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Well heck
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

hecc i just got that infimend bow too, guess into the V O I D it goes
forums dwelling cow
spending more time on the forums than ingame
ok bye

Will enderchest inventories get carried over?

Edit: Will claimblocks be reset? If I unclaim my builds, will the claimblocks carry over?

Everyone: *heavy breathing*
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

We're getting a new creative world so that's awesome
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(09-06-2019, 08:29 AM)Anarchy_Stocking Wrote: Will enderchest inventories get carried over?

Edit: Will claimblocks be reset? If I unclaim my builds, will the claimblocks carry over?

Enderchests will not be carried over, all items are being cleared

Same goes for claim blocks, all are being removed and everyone being set back to square 1, though they will still be available for the recently discounted price if you want to buy extra. They will still be received from voting too!
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

i haven't done much for the server before this point, so i look stupid to be sad about this, but i kinda am because i know it's history for many players and i've built some things i'm actually proud of.

i respect the fresh start though. and apparently it starts resetting 15 days before my birthday... cool?

Shocked 
well, can you post a map download for my own survival?

Will warps be cheaper in the beginning so we can reclaim old warps as its gonna take a while to build up cash.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]