• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE
I think someone said this earlier. i feel like starter houses (ie dirt, or planks) that are small with like nothing in it or very little and a player hasn't been on in a while should be removed. For example say a person has a build that is taking time to build and then suddenly notice that a very small wood/dirt structure popped out of nowhere. the owned of wood/dirt structure had nothing in it and haven't been in in a while. Since there build was technically a 100 blocks away they could could no longer build out. it would suck to be stopped by a what could count as a legal build but is prohibiting another builder from building. Maybe a rule where a dirt/wood house can only exist for 2 weeks? and an actual house is noted by 2 double chest, 2 furnace, a crafting bench. and maybe it looks relatively nice? This is more for when the server becomes more establish. like a late game rule. When people are stating to make their large build in like 2 months. Cause i know everyone early game are gonna be living in dirt or or in small wood houses.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

(09-14-2019, 09:31 AM)Dinogirl2468 Wrote: ...it would suck to be stopped by a what could count as a legal build but is prohibiting another builder from building. Maybe a rule where a dirt/wood house can only exist for 2 weeks? and an actual house is noted by 2 double chest, 2 furnace, a crafting bench. and maybe it looks relatively nice?

It does seem to be a common view that small houses can be annoying when building more permanent projects - especially if you want to build in a cool and rare biome! How about, instead of a certain time from when the house was made, the rule could depend on how long a player themselves is inactive from the server? That is to say, for those of us with lots of school/work commitments, or who prefer an adventure-based rather than building approach to Minecraft, it could be difficult to progress to a cool house in a short time.

I think there's currently a rule where a build has to be at least 5 x 5 x 5 blocks to be considered a build, though I'm not really sure.

In the end, the final decision rests with the staff, but another way to address this (at least in the short term) is have a larger world border (perhaps ±20,000 by ±20,000 blocks). This would be especially useful, as it would help ensure that there are many rare biomes (like Mushroom Fields) available to players.

(09-14-2019, 11:49 AM)AvidlyAcacia Wrote: In the end, the final decision rests with the staff, but another way to address this (at least in the short term) is have a larger world border (perhaps ±20,000 by ±20,000 blocks). This would be especially useful, as it would help ensure that there are many rare biomes (like Mushroom Fields) available to players.

A giant map will put lots of strain on the server though. We're resetting to avoid lag. I feel that in a 10k world border there's already enough biomes and materials
[Image: aenPm2S.png]

Earned my right to drop this joke with 1000 votes
26/11/2019

Hi All. I have a suggestion, but it's related to the older 1.12 server and not with the post-reset server. I hope this post is still relevant for this thread.

Since all our hard work builds in 1.12 will be wiped, can an exception be made to allow us to download the world region map with our builds? I read the FAQ about using Litematica, which might work for a building or two. But for folks with vast and spread out builds, it's just exceedingly difficult to recreate by hand, block by block, all our builds.

Manual porting of our builds to the new server has already been ruled out, and I understand the sheer amount of staff labor to do that is simply a non-starter. But can you allow us to download just the survival world map of our builds? Not asking for individual zip files of each region for each player's request, but just a single, all-encompassing survival world region folder zip file (which would be much easier to put together and need only be performed once by staff) and allowing us to download it. You can strip out any other data files irrelevant to our builds.

Thanks for your consideration.

(09-13-2019, 10:38 PM)belgnbor Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:17 PM)DargothUr Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 07:45 PM)Cil Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 04:34 PM)Boogerfarmer Wrote: herro, Luna_Of_Vale here

I doubt my suggestion will be chosen but I would love to see a way where we can pay using ig$ or real$ to prevent chunks of our choosing to prevent mob spawns in low light level areas. Being a novice builder with big plans in the new update, i would love to be able to build and not worry about mobs spawning in areas with low light levels and constantly worry about mobs. I like to play with the lighting to bring out the mood of the place. Theres no place for zombies and creepers in a peaceful harbortown. What do you think? If you like my idea or not, lets talk on discord @Boogerfarmer #8161

That honestly just seems like it would be taking away the vanilla experience out of hometown, and I don't see any purpose in doing that

Same opinion here, but maybe it could be possible to get nights away faster if an majority of people wants it... For example by speeding time up for a few percent every time when someone goes to bed or to directly skip the night if more than 60 percent of all players go to bed.

I don't agree with skipping nights.   Whilst nights for the bulk of players is a pain in the ass, there are others who look forward to them to collect goods and finding zombies/zombie villagers and other mobs or to show off their builds with the mood lighting they have installed into the build.  Nothing worse then getting a zombie villager or other mob nearly where u want it and it changing to day and watching it burn up before your very eyes.

I do agree partly with Luna that may be in game cash could be used to stop mobs spawning at other builds, for example the recent ice hockey arenas which are hard to light up without detracting from the build  are swamped by mobs and a few other big builds where lighting them up is very hard but are ruined by mobs constantly spawning.  It should only be in game cash but should still be quite costly and only to a single build not a whole town.  I have no idea if this is even possible of course.

Luna_of_Vale here,

Woah! Thanks for all the Responses! I do think it is a stretch of a task to ask. And it does take out of the "survival/vanilla Minecraft" theme that this server runs on. But after we survive, we build right? And I hate having to constantly kill zombies and creepers etc in my builds cause my builds are "moody" and utilize the differences in lightings. If it was possible to buy "peaceful chunks" for say.. ~$2500..? Is that reasonable?

I'm not sure if skipping night is a good idea on a big server because some people as esp has suggested utilizing the night and the mob spawnings for profit as well. Some people can abuse that system as well by changing the time to day, when someone wanted the night. 

In regards to Cil's comment on this suggestion from taking away from the "survival vanilla minecraft server theme". Doesn't ig$, warps&homes, fly and more take away from that already? Wasn't this listed as a semi vanilla server? I think we shouldnt detract from the beauty of all our able builders by having mobs run amok in our towns due to lack of lighting. for example, TheCatKing's vtown looks absolutely brilliant! However, it is a shame that theres also hundreds of mob spawns that detracts from the beauty of CatKing's work that I gotta avoid or kill whenever I go there to study and get inspired.

Edit: not to mention that less mob spawns would make the server less laggy right? or would the differences between "peaceful" and "vanilla" in chunks make it more laggy? 

More thoughts and suggestions are welcome! I cant wait for the new server. 

PS: how is the world seed? Is it possible to make the landscapes more "Dynamic" and not ugly typical random seeds? (I dont mean amplified either, I just think randomly generated worlds on vanilla minecraft can be really ugly and broken.)

(09-14-2019, 05:05 PM)Boogerfarmer Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 10:38 PM)belgnbor Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:17 PM)DargothUr Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 07:45 PM)Cil Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 04:34 PM)Boogerfarmer Wrote: herro, Luna_Of_Vale here

I doubt my suggestion will be chosen but I would love to see a way where we can pay using ig$ or real$ to prevent chunks of our choosing to prevent mob spawns in low light level areas. Being a novice builder with big plans in the new update, i would love to be able to build and not worry about mobs spawning in areas with low light levels and constantly worry about mobs. I like to play with the lighting to bring out the mood of the place. Theres no place for zombies and creepers in a peaceful harbortown. What do you think? If you like my idea or not, lets talk on discord @Boogerfarmer #8161

That honestly just seems like it would be taking away the vanilla experience out of hometown, and I don't see any purpose in doing that

Same opinion here, but maybe it could be possible to get nights away faster if an majority of people wants it... For example by speeding time up for a few percent every time when someone goes to bed or to directly skip the night if more than 60 percent of all players go to bed.

I don't agree with skipping nights.   Whilst nights for the bulk of players is a pain in the ass, there are others who look forward to them to collect goods and finding zombies/zombie villagers and other mobs or to show off their builds with the mood lighting they have installed into the build.  Nothing worse then getting a zombie villager or other mob nearly where u want it and it changing to day and watching it burn up before your very eyes.

I do agree partly with Luna that may be in game cash could be used to stop mobs spawning at other builds, for example the recent ice hockey arenas which are hard to light up without detracting from the build  are swamped by mobs and a few other big builds where lighting them up is very hard but are ruined by mobs constantly spawning.  It should only be in game cash but should still be quite costly and only to a single build not a whole town.  I have no idea if this is even possible of course.

Luna_of_Vale here,

Woah! Thanks for all the Responses! I do think it is a stretch of a task to ask. And it does take out of the "survival/vanilla Minecraft" theme that this server runs on. But after we survive, we build right? And I hate having to constantly kill zombies and creepers etc in my builds cause my builds are "moody" and utilize the differences in lightings. If it was possible to buy "peaceful chunks" for say.. ~$2500..? Is that reasonable?

I'm not sure if skipping night is a good idea on a big server because some people as esp has suggested utilizing the night and the mob spawnings for profit as well. Some people can abuse that system as well by changing the time to day, when someone wanted the night. 

In regards to Cil's comment on this suggestion from taking away from the "survival vanilla minecraft server theme". Doesn't ig$, warps&homes, fly and more take away from that already? Wasn't this listed as a semi vanilla server? I think we shouldnt detract from the beauty of all our able builders by having mobs run amok in our towns due to lack of lighting. for example, TheCatKing's vtown looks absolutely brilliant! However, it is a shame that theres also hundreds of mob spawns that detracts from the beauty of CatKing's work that I gotta avoid or kill whenever I go there to study and get inspired.

Edit: not to mention that less mob spawns would make the server less laggy right? or would the differences between "peaceful" and "vanilla" in chunks make it more laggy? 

More thoughts and suggestions are welcome! I cant wait for the new server. 

PS: how is the world seed? Is it possible to make the landscapes more "Dynamic" and not ugly typical random seeds? (I dont mean amplified either, I just think randomly generated worlds on vanilla minecraft can be really ugly and broken.)

your right that all the things we have takes away from the vanilla experience, but limiting mobs? that's something out of the blue and foreign, and it takes away from the hometown experience. I've been on this server for four years, and the things you listed we've always had, we've always had to deal with mobs. Its honestly just a part of hometown you know? Something I would also like to point out is that builders have to learn how to light up their builds, in fact, I could argue it's a part of building. It's a part of minecraft in general. There are so many ways to light up builds from endrods, lanterns, glowstones, sealanterns, beacons, torches. It's just a matter of utilizing these tools to make your builds look appealing and to give off light to stop mobs from spawning.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(09-14-2019, 09:16 PM)Cil Wrote: your right that all the things we have takes away from the vanilla experience, but limiting mobs? that's something out of the blue and foreign, and it takes away from the hometown experience. I've been on this server for four years, and the things you listed we've always had, we've always had to deal with mobs. Its honestly just a part of hometown you know? Something I would also like to point out is that builders have to learn how to light up their builds, in fact, I could argue it's a part of building. It's a part of minecraft in general. There are so many ways to light up builds from endrods, lanterns, glowstones, sealanterns, beacons, torches. It's just a matter of utilizing these tools to make your builds look appealing and to give off light to stop mobs from spawning.

I would disagree with this, for example my Haunted House at /warp IRAmuse. Lighting up the house would ruin the overall feel of the build as it is supposed to be dark so that isn't an option. Removing mob spawns using a world guard region would keep the experience the same but would also provide a safe area for those coming into the area to have fun.

It isn't about builders needing to learn how to build, it is more about having a safe area for folks to be in without having to spam your area with light.

As a side note, this is already done in game with having various regions set for a price of $10000. I've seen an entire town have keepinv added to it in case someone died in it for example.

(09-16-2019, 09:02 AM)Reaper Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 09:16 PM)Cil Wrote: your right that all the things we have takes away from the vanilla experience, but limiting mobs? that's something out of the blue and foreign, and it takes away from the hometown experience. I've been on this server for four years, and the things you listed we've always had, we've always had to deal with mobs. Its honestly just a part of hometown you know? Something I would also like to point out is that builders have to learn how to light up their builds, in fact, I could argue it's a part of building. It's a part of minecraft in general. There are so many ways to light up builds from endrods, lanterns, glowstones, sealanterns, beacons, torches. It's just a matter of utilizing these tools to make your builds look appealing and to give off light to stop mobs from spawning.

I would disagree with this, for example my Haunted House at /warp IRAmuse. Lighting up the house would ruin the overall feel of the build as it is supposed to be dark so that isn't an option. Removing mob spawns using a world guard region would keep the experience the same but would also provide a safe area for those coming into the area to have fun.

It isn't about builders needing to learn how to build, it is more about having a safe area for folks to be in without having to spam your area with light.

As a side note, this is already done in game with having various regions set for a price of $10000. I've seen an entire town have keepinv added to it in case someone died in it for example.

I suggest using carpets since mobs don't spawn on them, or torches behind trapdoors if you need light. By the way, CatKing should seriously put some effort into lighting up vtown, like at least the warp house. When I came there I was greeted by four zombies and a spider inside the house!
My IGN is ScratchHello

Not sure if someone suggested this yet, but I think that you should just yeet the server in a day or two, because during peak hours, there's only like four players on because everyone else is waiting for the reset or something.

^We have a set date because there are still things the staff team need time to finish. We all have jobs or school (sometimes both) so we have to do all of this in the little free time that we have, so it can take some time to get all of it sorted out.
Discord: Guy#1507