• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE
(09-19-2019, 03:09 AM)Frosticus Wrote: Not sure if someone suggested this yet, but I think that you should just yeet the server in a day or two, because during peak hours, there's only like four players on because everyone else is waiting for the reset or something.

That's sadly common when a reset is announced. The date is set based on staff availability rather than just when we want to reset it. It also is designed to give players who took a break time to see the announcement. For instance Hqppymedium came back yesterday and didn't know that the server was resetting. 

-EMC_
Professional Land Remover

I think that maybe the resend and resworld should be reset more. Not once in my recent 7 or 8 months of high activity have they been reset. This would be nice as it would make things like elytras and shulker boxes more obtainable. It would also make normal mining better and finding natural structure loot easier.

Also maybe like somehow like tone down the amount of houses on perfectly good land and then have the people who own those homes just leave. And like never come back. Because rn you will find an amazing spot to build and then theres a little wooden box house and the owner has been offline for 1 year. Maybe have a rule where if the owner has been offline for a year and six months you can ask staff about getting the build moved so some really nice spot of land isn't wasted.
It is I murdman!

Elytra's are supposed to be hard to get, thats the point.
But I do agree with the whole tiny hut problem lol
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

What if we just make it so we cant build claim huts?
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(09-22-2019, 09:38 PM)Cil Wrote: What if we just make it so we cant build claim huts?

Claim huts are useful when someone plans on building a large town and doesn't have the claim blocks to cover the land, if the land is actually used, claim huts aren't really an issue, it's when the huts sit there for too long and the land just becomes dead space that it starts to be

(09-22-2019, 09:53 PM)X_Born2Cool_x Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 09:38 PM)Cil Wrote: What if we just make it so we cant build claim huts?

Claim huts are useful when someone plans on building a large town and doesn't have the claim blocks to cover the land, if the land is actually used, claim huts aren't really an issue, it's when the huts sit there for too long and the land just becomes dead space that it starts to be

What I was saying is that instead of claim huts, people could make actual builds to claim their area tbh
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

ok so then the problem goes from a claim hut to a claim home? B&Q advert lmao "make a house a home"
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

(09-23-2019, 01:10 AM)Sky Wrote: ok so then the problem goes from a claim hut to a claim home? B&Q advert lmao "make a house a home"

you know, sometimes im just not smart LOL.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Claim huts are needed, especially in the beginning, if u have a big project u need to claim a large area, you can't do everything straight away, some like to do a massive project that can take months to years to finish.  Other things like a sea temple you might have to wait until u and your friends gear up enough to take it on.   People should not be disadvantaged cause they don't have enough claim blocks or they don't have enough tools/potions etc to complete the task they want to.  Not everyone can play all day and every day so they should not be disadvantaged that others can gear up, claim up before them and take over everything.

I do believe there should still be like a 3 or 6 month limit to claim huts if nothing has been done around them in that time, like not even land clearing.  Also if a person has not even been on in 3-6 months they should be able to be removed, or allowed to build closer.

While everyone plays at different rates there still has to be some kind of limit to small builds, claim huts, or special claims (like sea temples, villages, untouched spawners, rare biomes etc).  If people decide to stop playing or take a very long break, new people should not be disadvantaged from everything being claimed by long gone players.  Like a sea temple untouched, the player who claimed it has gone a year, yet still no one can touch it, it sits there going to waste because the current rules won't let any one else claim it.

Also on Res end/nether, if there are ones, being reset more often, yes it needs to happen.  Sure Elytras and shulkers etc are supposed to be rare but new people still like to partake in these events at some time on the server.  Also many elytras, shulkers, ench apples etc get taken by players, then those players never play any more and basically take all their goods with them as no one can touch them.  This leaves less in the general community to be sold, gotten.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

I would suggest a better /wild plugin or system, If I remember correctly in a conversation with Uber that it is possible to set it to avoid other players builds? as well as a re-analysis of the claim rules as I remember several islands and (a mushroom biome) being claimed with nothing more then a 5x5 box for no other purpose then owning it.