• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! I'm kinda new here... is pranking allowed?
Tongue 
I don't really know much about the unspoken rules of the server, and by that, I mean stuff that is impolite and unaccepted that you can't just see at /rules. By pranking I don't mean something that does NOT include killing or stealing items from the player. I mean something that will confuse the player. Like maybe building a nether like room around them with a portal inside that leads to the actual nether, making them unsure about what dimension they are in. Again I have absolutely no idea whether this is allowed or not, so please answer.
My IGN is ScratchHello

Way I understand it, as long as 1) it's not on other people's property and 2) there's no way your prank can accidentally kill people, it's good to go
[Image: aenPm2S.png]

Earned my right to drop this joke with 1000 votes
26/11/2019

Thanks, EspInquisition however I do not know you and do not know whether I can trust you. No offense but I would prefer someone from the staff or at least an old-timer to tell me. Your response is very appreciated though. Please tell me your rank so I know.
My IGN is ScratchHello

Trolling/pranking falls under the rule of being annoying in my eyes, (Rule One) so if you want to end up doing this, and this prank could technically be "annoying" to other players, you might put a sign up or something saying what it is, so if people don't actually want to go in it, they don't have to. But in all honesty you should ask a staff member about this, and its easiest to do so in discord or on the server if one is on for a full fledged opinion
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Thanks a lot, Cil, and Espinquisition too!
My IGN is ScratchHello

(09-14-2019, 07:27 PM)Scratch9898 Wrote: I don't really know much about the unspoken rules of the server, and by that, I mean stuff that is impolite and unaccepted that you can't just see at /rules. By pranking I don't mean something that does NOT include killing or stealing items from the player. I mean something that will confuse the player. Like maybe building a nether like room around them with a portal inside that leads to the actual nether, making them unsure about what dimension they are in. Again I have absolutely no idea whether this is allowed or not, so please answer.

Death traps are absolutely forbidden, and actively trying to annoy other players is against the rules.  A mildly puzzling scenario like the one you describe shouldn't be a problem, provided it's not too difficult to figure out or escape.  If such a build did start causing unforeseen problems and generated complaints, staff would evaluate the situation, and you might be asked to change or remove it.  If in doubt, adding an explanatory sign (or at least one that gives a clue that there's something unusual about the area) wouldn't be a bad idea.

thanks
My IGN is ScratchHello