• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First HomeTown Stock Exchange
Greetings everyone,

Since the day I purchased minecraft, I have always found myself looking for one thing in servers: an amazing economy. With HomeTown, I have definitely found that. However, I always found myself wishing for something more. For something similar to a stock exchange. Now, I understand the difficulty of governing something this complex, however I believe I have found some simple and effective ways for doing so.

The stock exchange itself is located to the right of /warp ht_bank, so check that out

How it works:

Companies and shops decide that they need extra cash for an upcoming product. So, they sell a percentage to the HomeTown Bank. The Bank then fractions, or shares, of this company into the stock exchange

Example:
Let's say "bob" has a line of shops, catering to individuals with different needs everywhere. Now, he has multiple shops, leaving him no time to build anymore. He soon finds a need for a warehouse, and finds for for $100. Unfortunately, Bob only has $99, and that is reserved for something else. So he comes to the bank, and talks to one of the helpful bankers there. They then purchase his stock and sell it on the stock exchange. While the value of the company fluctuates, players try to purchase the stock at a low price and sell it for a high price. If someone decides to retain their shares, they can receive profit payouts from bob each month. He will pay the bank a lump sum and they will evenly distribute it. This way, Bob doesn't have the hassle of keeping track of the shareholders.

Purpose:
This bank will provide an alternate way for players to fairly make money on the server.

Sounds like fun to me, but the work needed for this is extremely high. Now if there was a plugin that could handle it I would be all for it.