Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Appeal
Code:
Code:
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown Mc

Minecraft name: Rqzerrr
Reason for your ban: I said "[deleted]:P" as a callback joke from the kids at the screeshots
others like memoryes can reassure that the only thing i did

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: Because it was a joke and a callback to the group of kids
that joined and started insulting and griefing

Why do you want to come back: Im hyped for the server reset i was always a good member with perfect
behavior and Hometown is the only server i enjoy playing apart for offline!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Let me start by saying the reason for your ban was ''racial slur,'' which can be read directly in your ban message. There was no need to repeat the word, yet again, and so it has been removed from your ban appeal.

Racial slurs are not jokes and we do not take them lightly. If 5 other players were JUST banned for saying that word, how could it possibly be ok to say it as a ''throw back'' 5 minutes later?

I can reassure you that that was not the only thing you did. I, too, was online, and witnessed you antagonizing the spamming kids, calling them names and stooping to their level (as can be seen in your very own screenshots that you attached to your appeal), which you were in fact kicked for prior to your ban.

Please answer the following questions in 2-3 complete sentences, and then we will consider unbanning you.

1. Under what circumstances are racial slurs appropriate on Hometown?

2. When other players are being disruptive in chat, what is the appropriate way to address the situation?

(09-21-2019, 09:18 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: Let me start by saying the reason for your ban was ''racial slur,'' which can be read directly in your ban message. There was no need to repeat the word, yet again, and so it has been removed from your ban appeal.

Racial slurs are not jokes and we do not take them lightly. If 5 other players were JUST banned for saying that word, how could it possibly be ok to say it as a ''throw back'' 5 minutes later?

I can reassure you that that was not the only thing you did. I, too, was online, and witnessed you antagonizing the spamming kids, calling them names and stooping to their level (as can be seen in your very own screenshots that you attached to your appeal), which you were in fact kicked for prior to your ban.

Please answer the following questions in 2-3 complete sentences, and then we will consider unbanning you.

1. Under what circumstances are racial slurs appropriate on Hometown?

2. When other players are being disruptive in chat, what is the appropriate way to address the situation?
1. For some people this is called humor,black humor. Anyway i understand that not everyone will handle this the same way as me so it was actually inapropiate.

2.I was having fun trolling the trollers i decided to play their game waiting for their ban...best is too ignore them but i thought it would be funny to argue in chat for a minute or two while we waited for stuff.

Anyway i get your point why it was wrong but i thing you were too hard!

Best of luck with the reset if im not here to witness it!

PS. Im European so i have no big contact to african american so even if i knew that is a racial word, i didn't how much of an insult(?) it is...

Ok let me clear things up for you.

1. In this question I specifically asked when racial slurs are appropriate on HOMETOWN. The correct answer is: racism is NEVER appropriate on Hometown. In fact, it is our number one rule and is clearly displayed in multiple places for all players to see, so it's very obvious how seriously we take this rule and there's no excuse for someone not to know.

[Image: VMGaKe5.png]

[Image: TAJXwfp.png]

[Image: Fd5K900.png]

[Image: r6SjKGx.png]

Regardless of where you are from, where you live, what your culture is, what is acceptable to you personally... Hometown is a privately owned server and we as staff reserve the right to dictate what is and is not acceptable here and the rules are clearly laid out. You as the player passed through the tutorial and quiz upon entering the server and thereby agree to our rules.

[Image: SF4pRPI.png]

Furthermore the appropriate punishment is at staff's discretion. As an [Advanced] player, you should full well know what is and is not appropriate on this server, and I'll say it again, considering the 5 spamming players were JUST banned for saying that word, it should have been very obvious that repeating it would not be appropriate and would result in yourself being banned as well. Fortunately for you, you were given the option to appeal, whereas the others were not...

I would recommend that you review our rules and be sure you fully understand them so that there are no misunderstandings like this in the future. You will be unbanned once you have read this reply and have acknowledged that you understand.

I very well undestand the situation and that the rules should not be broken under any circumstance!! Sorry if i caused any troubles