Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Myianart

Reason for your ban: X-Raying

Who banned you: Arrei

Why should you be unbanned: I'd like to be unbanned. I didn't realize what X-raying meant until I had put it together just now. Even though I don't have an X-Raying program, I was still using the (X, Y, Z) numbers by pressing "ctrl, F3". When it was brought to my attention, I realized that it was unfair to everyone on the server. No one should cut corners. I need to mine fair and square. Now that I know what it means, I don't expect to be unbanned so easily. If I were to be unbanned, I'll gladly start over from scratch! Destroy my build/claims, bring my rank to zero, erase my shop, start me with nothing. I'll happily start over. Now that I understand what I did wrong, I apologize to all staff members as well as my fellow players. I'll ensure that it won't happen again. That is if you all will have me. 

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy playing on this server! I always look forward to playing it every time I'd wake up. To describe it bluntly, I'm addicted to this server. 

Your ban was not for using the F3 debug menu to view your coordinates to check for diamond level. That is not and has not ever been a violation of our rules. Rather, given the evidence left behind by your diamond breaks, we find your claim that you did not have an X-ray program or resource pack to be difficult to believe. Though many of your breaks were of exposed diamond veins found in diamond-level caves and abandoned mineshafts, the rate at which you were finding diamonds, coupled with certain highly suspicious breaks, leaves us believing your digging habits and predisposition towards caving are merely a front to disguise your use of x-ray to easily identify diamonds you can collect without leaving too obvious a trail... except for when you succumbed to greed, your sense of caution dulled by easy profit.

Let us observe, in reverse chronological order:

Break #1, in which you perfectly swerve around a lava pocket in order to collect a diamond vein completely buried in stone. I noticed at many other dead ends in these mineshafts, you would dig a short ways inward... so why, then, did you happen to go so much further for this one, and break away from your route? 

Break #2, in which you punch straight through a wall to reach a portion of this mineshaft which was completely sealed off, conveniently with an exposed diamond vein.

Break #3, in which you come across a dungeon that has long since been plundered, with nothing left of interest, but decide to dig under then up to a hidden diamond vein buried in stone behind it.

Break #4, in which you suddenly decide to stop caving in order to dig straight towards a diamond vein. Upon finding the diamond vein, you proceed to check a short ways in each direction for no real reason... except for the fact you just so happen to go much, much farther in the direction that leads straight to another diamond vein. More of the same at Break #5 and Break #6, where you again decide to suddenly dig into unremarkable cave walls directly towards buried diamond veins, making it extremely unlikely you are simply getting lucky.

Based on the evidence, we have reason to believe you are not being forthright with us, and as such your appeal will not be considered without either evidence to the contrary or an admission of wrongdoing.

That's just the way I mine. I go down to 7 in level, then I make straight paths until I hit a vein. If I happen upon a mine, I check every nook and cranny I can possibly manage. And in mines, I even leave diamonds in the chests for the next person. Since I also have a fortune pick, I didn't mind sharing diamonds with people. And that's why my diamonds were priced so low in the market.

I don't think it's very fair to ban someone simply for how they mine..? I understand that you guys don't know for sure if I have an "x-ray program" or whatever. I didn't even know those existed. It's not like my laptop can handle programs like that. I honestly can't even run a texture pack without it crashing.

Believe what you will, but I wasn't X-Raying.

So you claim, yet your own breaks do not show any pattern of adherence to this habit of yours besides a preference for altitude 7, nor do they alleviate any suspicion from the most suspect breaks. If that is the best response you can muster, then this appeal is denied.

(10-22-2019, 07:37 AM)Arrei Wrote: So you claim, yet your own breaks do not show any pattern of adherence to this habit of yours besides a preference for altitude 7, nor do they alleviate any suspicion from the most suspect breaks. If that is the best response you can muster, then this appeal is denied.

Alright, now this is getting a little excessive and insulting. I'll GLADLY show you how I mine. I have the subtitles on too where it shows 'Zombie Groans' and 'Minecart Rolls'. Like..what do you want from me? I'm having issues understanding why it's wrong to be thorough. Isn't that the point of mining?

I totally understand that you guys just wanna make the server fun and safe for everyone. I get it. And I understand that you don't know me on a personal level. I didn't do anything wrong. I want to prove it to you and make you happy. But when you start trying to belittle and shame me because of something I didn't do, THEN you as a person have crossed the line. I'm trying to be respectful and patient. But you need to stop classifying me as a "cheater". Because I'm not.

This isn't even about the game anymore. I feel like you disrespected me as a person. That to me, is not going to be tolerated.

You will not gain any ground by attempting to make this about perceived attacks on your person. It is a matter of fact that the habits you provide to try and explain why we may find your breaks suspicious do not apply to many of the most suspect cases we are finding.

However, given your insistence on your innocence, we will confer once more to make a final decision.

And I'm sorry for getting so worked up. I really want to prove to you that I'm not doing this. Just tell me what I have to do and I'll comply. I'll just have to find a different way to mine if there is one. I'd be glad to follow a method or if you want to show me how I'm supposed to mine and I'll do it.

The staff team has come together to discuss your ban over the past couple of days, and unfortunately, I must report that we've found your digs to bear too much evidence indicative of x-ray use to accept your appeal in good faith. As such, this appeal will remain denied.

In the event this is truly all merely a tragic coincidence and misunderstanding, I would like to inform you that the conventional most efficient way to mine for diamonds is to dig parallel corridors spaced two blocks apart, so as to cover the maximum amount of exposed blocks possible instead of randomly deciding to branch out at random points in your path.