• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Res World Please
I know we just go a new one which was needed for the bees. 

The currant map set to amplified just means crazy mountains, also they rip apart things like villages, temples and cut spawn rates. 

Even the spawn point for the Jungle was lazy. I spent a couple of hours mining though mountains and crossing valleys just to find a small usable bit of jungle.

I'm personally enjoying it, but I can see it's very disadvantageous for newbies who don't have fly or an elytra. It's not gonna be an equal playing ground for all with or without fly
[Image: aenPm2S.png]

Earned my right to drop this joke with 1000 votes
26/11/2019

Since amplified came out I have never used it because I don't play single player. I think it's cool to be able to use this game mode which is of the vanilla game that lots of us have never played about with before. It's just a shame we can't build there...

As for the increased difficulty when gathering resources... the only resources most people need that can't be farmed using redstone are gravel and sand. The amplified desert biomes don't provide too much difficulty for getting sand, so we can discount that. As for gravel... at least there's more of it because the gravel mountain biome is taller now???
[Image: NwK3xJO.png]

Amplified is mountains.
Large biomes is large biomes.

(01-03-2020, 10:58 PM)Penguin Wrote: Since amplified came out I have never used it because I don't play single player. I think it's cool to be able to use this game mode which is of the vanilla game that lots of us have never played about with before. It's just a shame we can't build there...

As for the increased difficulty when gathering resources... the only resources most people need that can't be farmed using redstone are gravel and sand. The amplified desert biomes don't provide too much difficulty for getting sand, so we can discount that. As for gravel... at least there's more of it because the gravel mountain biome is taller now???
Nope, gravel is still harder to mine. They're like sand, only appearing in a thin layer over the mountain, it's not the entire mountain is gravel. And now the gravel mountains are steeper than before, with sand it's not so bad, but gravel mining is slow

26/11/2019

I will second this, amplified is a pain in the ass.
Also can we get a vote on this?
Sleepy

Irrelevant but, I'd love to have amplified in the overworld, the scenery is absolutely stunning.
But then again some kid would try to flatten out a beautiful valley or hill

26/11/2019