• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all staff
I did not imply that you wanted to be a part of the team. I answered your questions.

We only promote players that we trust not to abuse their powers. We do have a staff rank system, it just so happens that the admins have decided to trust all staff ranks with ban. More admins are online more often than you realize. They have the ability to come and go without showing a join or leave message in the chat.

Yes, we maintain a certain level of maturity in chat content, however, we also maintain standards as to what we deem appropriate and reasonable, and inappropriate builds of that likeness we have decided have no place on our server. That is our right to dictate. If built in private, with permission, it would not have been a problem. However, as I have already previously stated, it was reported to us by the player who's house it was built at, and that is how it came to be known by the staff team. We received a complaint and we acted accordingly.

Simply because you are not privy to the way we train our staff does not then follow that we have had little to no training. Presume what you'd like. As I have said before, we choose our staff based on who we deem fit.

Yes it is your right to dictate, and admins that are online at night I can understand, I know there is a thing called time zones to which you should have knowledge of, do not assume I am "attacking" your powers or rank structure, I am simply asking and suggesting more detail upon its structure, do not assume that I have less knowledge of you and instead view me equal as I will do the same. Yes you have answered questions but seem to miss the key points. I was not stating or showing that you had implied me joining such a structure. I simply want this server to thrive and grow, to be a better more refined server. Also you seem to be the only one responding to what I am stating and I hope there is some conversing going on between the staff team or awareness occurring. Understand that I am not doing this because of amber or the event that had taken place, it is due to what I simply watch or notice, I analyze my surroundings, I do not speak nonsense, treat me fairly as I do you. Do not talk town to me, speak level to me, equally. I come to you as a person voicing their opinion and stating the knowledge I have gained from my own experience as a staff member.

I never said you were attacking us, and it was not my intention to talk down to you in any way. I have specifically acknowledged and respected your opinions and view points in several different instances. You directly referenced Amber's situation, so that is the example I too used to explain our rules.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I used amber as an example to why I was making such suggestion, not directly referencing it to use within the argument, instead using that ban as an example, also as received from the one who complained about the inappropriate build, they stated exactly this "I didn't complain, I was fighting pillagers at the time and tried to remove it", this leads me to believe that it was a ban done not from a complaint but a staff member seeing it and simply not asking any questions, here is where I form my argument. Questions and warnings, I am not directly using ambers situation as my primary claim. Understand this, let me know that there are more staff than you understanding these messages, I am coming from the point of seeing bans that occur, you are coming from what you have power over, you are using knowledge of the staff rank structure I have not acquired. Use proper format, understand that you are not talking to a simple mine crafter, I have years of experience when it comes to staff, though I do not know your exact experience, I can only assume it is preferable for your current rank. You seem to miss my point that I want your server to become the best it can. Do not let it fall into a pit, allow it to thrive, do not become easily agitated by what occurs, respect the members and their intelligence, treat everyone equally, I use certain phrases you have not to create clarity within the subject, though you tried to end this discussion, understand not only you, or a guardian should view this, admins should as well, notice the subject of "to all staff" not a singular person, the entire piece of structure. I use what I notice, I use what I acquire though the ability to analyze a situation. I am a human being, we are human beings, treat each other as such and give such a chance, as you may have been given another chance at something at some point, acknowledge that other people wish for this as well. I simply as I have repeated, just want the server to be the best it can with a well functioning staff team, and I mean team completely as in everyone plays a key part, everyone has a role, everyone has a right. In request I ask, make a written system to follow accordingly for punishing players, an entire list for each type of situation. I thank you for your responses and the work you preform.

So let me start by saying that we were allowing Melanie to be the primary staff member responding as she was directly involved in the situation you mentioned, which seems to be a large part of your motivation to create this thread. As you are directly asking for other staff member responses, allow me to respond. We actually do have a public list of different types of punishments we issue, different offenses and the range of punishments assigned to those offenses. (https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...t=rulebook ) We prefer to keep the specifics more vague as there is no way that we can account for every situation. With grief for example, there's a big difference between somebody griefing 10-15 blocks of dirt, or 10-15 blocks of diamond. Same goes for most offenses, if somebody has a build that is borderline between inappropriate or alright it comes down to best judgement (often including input from multiple staff). The difference between a ban and a warning typically comes from a combination of basic guidelines given during training, personal judgement/experience, and the input of other staff members where possible/applicable. The fact of the matter is though that we absolutely cannot issue warnings rather than bans for a large majority of issues as there simply aren't enough hours in the day for us to wait around for a player that may never rejoin the server to come back online, warn them, then have to watch them to make sure that they don't go around causing further damage/breaking more rules. The ban/ban appeal system shows us that the players who have broken a rule big enough to get themselves banned are actually willing to put in the effort to continue playing on the server, and generally aren't just coming back to troll. As for not having every staff member able to ban, that is a decision that we made years ago and are not likely to change any time soon. The fact of the matter is that guardians are our first line of defense when it comes to rules violations, especially with grief/chat offenses/inappropriate builds.
Discord: Guy#1507 

Thank you guy, that is all I wanted to know. I say this, I do appreciate all staff for what they do, I thank them for that. I don't come and do this for myself but for those whom are banned. I understand your system now that you can clear everything up. The reason this is my favorite server is because of the community, it has such a strong bond. To the staff member that proposed to quite, do not quite, you work is much appreciated. Thank you all.

Well, I'm in a less polite mood than Guy tonight, it seems.

FDS:

1. Mind your own business.
2. You are not entitled to dictate policy on a server that isn't yours, irrespective of the rank you may have held elsewhere.
3. If Points #1 and 2 are not to your taste, feel free to go start your own server.

Have a good evening.

Ambular, respect given is thus received. Do not attack an individual.

He did just say thanks...? In a polite manner and he's not continuing this subject..?
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

(01-17-2020, 07:23 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: Let me explain a little bit about how our staff team functions, as you likely are not aware of how we run things.
All of our staff ranks have the perms to /ban because all are trained and trusted with the ability to use it as they see fit. Bans are not used as a type of ''kick'', they are only handed out when the staff member deems a major rule has been broken. Inappropriate builds such as penis-shaped structures are straight forward and do not require multiple staff to make that call. Furthermore, this is a mature server in the sense that young age is not an excuse for ''not seeing'' a rule. All players are responsible for reading and understanding the rule when they first join the server and if they do not wish to comply, they should not play here. Grief is in fact investigated by the staff member before a decision to ban is reached. Often times staff are communicating behind the scenes discussing a situation as it is being investigated, so often times there are several staff in agreement before a player is banned. And, often times we do speak directly with the players involved to ensure we have the story straight. That being said, yes, miscommunications do still happen, and mistakes can still be made, we are after all only human, and so ban messages can be updated as needed and bans can be undone.

i think if an admin bans someone that admin should not have the final say because that admin could be bias toward keeping them ban