• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the old server
Is the old Hometown server on a new IP now? I sometimes want to check up on my old builds and see what I did back then. If not, is there any plans to release the old server on the old.hometownmc ip, or a similar one?
forums dwelling cow
spending more time on the forums than ingame
ok bye

Currently there is an old server hosted on smp.hometownmc.com:25566 (Sadly the old old server, is wiped, but the most recent server before the reset in september exists on that ip)
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(03-02-2020, 10:27 AM)Cil Wrote: Currently there is an old server hosted on smp.hometownmc.com:25566 (Sadly the old old server, is wiped, but the most recent server before the reset in september exists on that ip)

Hey, I used to play I think roughly around 2014 or something. When were there resets of the server and do you think the one you've mentioned would be the one I used to play on?

(05-07-2020, 06:12 AM)Bit_of_Ivory Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:27 AM)Cil Wrote: Currently there is an old server hosted on smp.hometownmc.com:25566 (Sadly the old old server, is wiped, but the most recent server before the reset in september exists on that ip)

Hey, I used to play I think roughly around 2014 or something. When were there resets of the server and do you think the one you've mentioned would be the one I used to play on?

Unfortunately in I believe 2016? we had a first-ever server reset, and the old server which was on that was replaced as we recently updated with a new world, so, unfortunately, the server that we used to play on (original one) is inaccessible. And yes there have been a total of two resets, one being due to corrupted files I believe, the second being because of Minecraft version server capabilities which was just recently in September. I'm sorry that it's gone, I truly miss it! (the IP I listed in my previous message also is down at the moment to devote server power the current one as well) However, I believe that if you joined the current world if you haven't already, you would have great fun and be greeted by an awesome community! A lot of people still play from back in 2014/15 too
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

The server from 2014 is gone unfortunately, it was unstable and took a face first dive into a bed of nails. The “newer old” server is the one on the old HT ip, though I believe that’s currently down to allow maximum power to our current server. There are a handful of players from the 2014 server that still play, myself included. It’s definitely different from what you remember, but still a good time!
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!