• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iiiMonkey Ban Appeal (I know you said no appeal)
Congratulations.

This has to be one of the most frustrating appeals I've read in a long time. Not only did you manage to actually waste my time along with other staff members by intentionally setting yourself up to be banned for one of the most serious offenses on our server, but you brought another player down with you. The effort and planning you put into this is the most concerning. You went out of your way to get evidence of "innocence", spoke in such a scripted way to your friend and just happened to have a video of you mining with a full inventory which no real miner would (which is why I asked for further videos, we figured you didn't have any and that this was a set up). Not gonna lie, I'm really pissed you went and tried screwing with my teammates like that. RTY along with every other staff member on this server, past, present, and future, graciously donates their time to keep order and solve player issues on the server and make it more fun for players by preventing cheaters from draining the fun from everything, yet they're just not perfect enough for your standards. Mistakes will and have been made, but I can confidently say we try our best to avoid making mistakes in the first place by frequently asking other staff to double check our work, but even if something slips through we apologize and unban the person when appropriate.

I'm assuming one of the wrongful bans you mean is Mallard, who properly appealed, explained their case reasonably, and was unbanned with an apology and a clean slate with no further issue. While it would have been nice that they never had been banned, a mistake was made and honestly rectified by the staff member(s) involved. You did not have to try and take a vigilante route when it wasn't needed.

This could have ended differently too. When RTY asked you for further info, no, you didn't "have to get banned to prove a point". When you were jailed, that would have been a great time to go "Hey, I was recording that session as a way to show I didn't use cheats and still set off some staff alarms, the reason I did it was to prevent accidental bans in the future and help you guys see another side to this". But you, someone with a history of actually using cheats and talking about how wrong we are in social spy, decided THAT was the time to stay quiet and seal your fate. So now, you're staying banned. I'm probably one of the most if not the most irreverent staff member we have, but there are lines even I won't cross and expect everyone else to respect as well. This went from what you thought was somehow helpful to being an outright troll. Whether or not you didn't touch cheats this time, there's no appeal you could write that'll dig you out of the crater you're in.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Messages In This Thread
RE: iiiMonkey Ban Appeal (I know you said no appeal) - by Star - 03-22-2020, 11:23 PM