Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned
Banned on SMP

DopeFreshMiner

Accompanying an X-Rayer

Grimm_Wolf

I was accompanying my friend who was showing me where items were because I have fortune and would get more items. I, myself, do not know how to xray whatsoever but realize that accompanying someone who does it is just as bad. I am bored on quarantine and have been playing hometown since my younger days and didn't take into consideration who I would affect and how it would affect them. I realize playing with my friends on quarantine and respecting other players is a lot more important than me gaining minerals in a game lol. It was immature and takes away from other players and it won't happen again. This only happened for a short period of time around 2 days, today and yesterday. All other stuff is legit. 

I would like to come back because I enjoy hometown's community and my living area with my friends. Hometown gives me a way to entertain myself while on lockdown. I realize being with my friend gives us an unfair advantage compared to other players and i would like to continue playing with my other friends and building our community we have started.

Heyo. Before we begin, it's in your best interest to know that a successful x-ray appeal still results in a 30day temp-ban as a probationary period. Also, because I'm busy this evening, this will be short and kinda automated between the two of you. That being said, I'm glad to see you being honest with me, it's appreciated. Because of that, it's going to be a straight-forward process. I'm going to ask you a series of questions, which you will respond to with three (3) sentences per question.

- Why is x-raying against the rules?
- How does x-raying affect the server?
- What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Xray is against the rules because it gives those using it an unfair advantage. It takes away opportunities from other players who are legitimately playing and could ruin their time and chances of finding what they are mining for. Xraying is just cheating which is not good in any situation and ruins the whole reason as to why this server is existing in the first place, it cheats the server, yourself, and other players out of having fun.

Xraying affects the server through taking materials from players who are legitimately playing. It can also affect the servers economy through people spending money on non-legit items and xrayers benefiting from that which is basically just scamming. Players seeing other players getting xray may also lead them towards getting it and so on which ruins the foundation of the server and also affects relationships between staff and players.

Through this experience I learned that xraying is never worth it in any situation and takes the fun out of the game. I learned that relationships with other players on servers should come before your own selfish wants and to never break rules or there will be consequences. This experience has taught me that hometown is a server  that is full of legit players and wonderful staff who enforce the rules correctly and give the right consequences for the situation at hand. That should be valued over a few more stacks of diamonds or whatever else people gain from xraying.

Great, thanks. Your tempban timer was started at 28 days to account for the time you posted this response. Please, refrain from breaking the rules further. If you have any issues with the tempban's timer not ending, let us know here.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook