• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unpopular opinions
This has been going around Facebook (yes I’m an old lady), and I thought it could be interesting/fun to bring here. Idk about y’all, but I’m rl bored.

Rules:

1. Name ten things you don’t like that everyone else does (i.e. foods, shows, songs, etc.)

2. This is NOT meant to be controversial/insensitive in any political, cultural, etc. way, so don’t make it that way. It’s meant to be interesting and lighthearted.

Potat’s 10 things she doesn’t like but everyone else does:
1. Lotion
2. The Princess Bride
3. Pepsi
4. Dr Pepper
5. Bacon
6. Laundry detergent (scented)
7. Pork
8. Italian sausage (fennel)
9. Fluffy blankets
10. Grapefruit
MissPotat

Ight ok

1: Minecraft versions 1.10, 1.11, 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16. Seriously... polar bears? pandas? bees? when are they gonna stop adding mythical creatures to the game and add something real. Like penguins. Also they've added Drowned, Phantoms, Husks, Strays (which I forgot existed until looking up minecraft versions just now), and soon PIGLINS and STRIDERS? Name one of those mobs which you actually wanted. The exploration update sucked DICK... It's been years and I still haven't been to a woodland mansion. I don't even know what rewards you get from them.
2: Ice cream. It just sucks. It's too cold to eat and usually you can taste more milk than the actual flavour you want. LIke wtf? Unless it's chocolate. But chocolate ice cream is also wierd because why would you combine a warm flavour with a cold object? Hot chocolate brownie is awesome, cold chocolate ice cream? whack. Oh also on the theme of combining hot and cold flavours:
3: Mint chocolate.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
4: Pokemon games. I didn't play them when I was younger and by the time I decided to try one out, I was a teenager and realised that the gameplay is AWFUL and the story doesn't even make up for it. At least in other RPGs you can get engrossed in the story to distract yourself from the boring gameplay... in Pokemon it's just "You walked across my line of sight! fight me using your 6 different monster, each of which only has four abilities!"
5: Apple. Their products are consumerist and overpriced (although other smartphone companies are just as bad) and their proprietary business model just sucks. They are an enemy of the Free Software Movement and their macs are an insult to open source programming.
6: Treadmills, cross-trainers, and cycle trainers. Just do the real thing, I don't understand why being in one place pretending to be moving while staring out of a window is interesting. Much better to climb a big hill and then bomb back down it. Experience the outdoors, even in bad weather. One of the best moments I've had was cycling into an extreme headwind when suddenly hail starts pelting down and hitting my thighs (BIG ouch). So I took cover under a bridge and there was another cyclist and some runners and we had a short chat while we waited for it to pass over.
7: Netflix, Prime, or similar sites. I just don't like watching films or TV.
8: Clothes on pets. It's just weird. The only exception is neckerchiefs on dogs.
9: Rice in indian food. Have bread instead. Curry with naan and rice? why not an extra naan? Rice is flavourless carbs. Naan is tasty cheesy garlicy goodness carbs. Also consider paratha or chapati (or roti, or roast potatoes, or boiled potatoes, or literally anything other than rice).
10: Clubbing. Fuck clubbing. Things I dislike about clubbing: Entry fees, Drink prices, the music choices, the volume of the music, drunk people, people trying to get laid, people who dance too much, people who expect you to dance, drunk people dancing and trying to get laid, drunk people in the toilets, the toilets themselves, people who ask "Pengu are you alright?" whenever I don't dance because the current song is SHIT and you all know it so why are you pretending that it's a good song because it very clearly the fuck is not and you're all pretending to have a good time when instead we could have just stayed home and carried on drinking late into the night with our own music choices, cheaper alcohol from the shop, and no random strangers trying to hit on us.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

I did not expect so much detail
MissPotat

(04-02-2020, 06:23 PM)misspotatohead1 Wrote: I did not expect so much detail

Yo I'm passionate about these things lol

Please remember these are just my views and my list. Not to say they are right or wrong just my feelings on the matter:

1: Rap/hip hop/RnB type music - Absolute crap and half the songs seem to be about treating women like prostitutes or slaves or being part of a gang doing all illegal crap. Disgusting.
2: Alcohol (of any sort) - Can't even stand the smell of it. Also seen and dealt with enough asshole drunks in my life. Those who think its ok to drink and drive are at the top of that list. Innocent people die because of these a-holes.
3: Illegal Drugs - Not only drugs but the brainless who seem to think there is no problem with taking drugs. Yeah there are a few medical needs for them but its so sad to see a whole generation who can't deal with reality and think taking drugs is the answer instead of trying to get to the bottom of the problem. I ain't preaching here, I have my own issues to sort through and even if life is absolute shit, still don't see the need to turn to drugs. Again there are some medical needs for them but personally feel its way to lax in this area already. I am talking illegal drugs not prescription drugs here.
4: Spiders - Nasty little buggers, got heaps where I live and don't like em at all, especially the big hairy jumpy ones.
5: Salted Caramel - Who thought up this flavour. You get caramel for its sweetness. Why take that away to just taste salt.
6: Puppy farms - Again not only the farms but all the dumb people who walk into pet shops and buy dogs produced by these horrible people. These dogs live in absolute horrible conditions, do your research folks, before you go and buy that dog.
7: Those who are against buying from dog breeders - Whilst it is great to save dogs in shelters I don't like those who are so narrow minded to think that all breeders are bad. If only they look into the tests, pedigree, DNA and health research and years of knowledge, etc that most breeders put into their breed of dog, most make no profit at all, they do it for the love of the breed. They want to produce happy healthy dogs for everyone to enjoy. Sadly a lot of shelter dogs are just puppy farm dogs.
8: Untrained dogs especially out in public - The bulk are little yappy dogs. Its not ok for your fluffball to go say hello to a strange dog and for you to say, "it just wants to be friends". Its rude, its dangerous. Little yappy dogs can be taught how to sit and stay, it just takes an intelligent owner, sadly that seems to be lacking these days.
9: Reality TV Shows - So fake, please bring back the sitcoms and shows actually done by people who can act. Most reality shows now are just showing how nasty people can be towards each other.
10: Monkeys, chimpanzees, Gorillas, heck that entire family tree - Don't know why, just cant stand em. Chimps would be top of the list, hate seeing any movie, add etc that involves one.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

Salt chemically enhances the flavour of sweet foods like caramel by removing any bitter flavours.

unfortunately, people seem to take it too far and put too much salt in

or worse, they put the salt on top instead of mixing it in....

I freaking love salted caramel with like flaky salt on top
MissPotat

potat you must be super bored today... you're responding to forum threads within minutes lmao

I has an app :>
MissPotat

1. Ketchup - hardly use the stuff except for meatloaf glaze.
  2. Alcohol - don't understand how people can stomach the stuff.
  3. Recreational/Illicit drug use - addictive, destructive, and expensive.
  4. Liking any particular US news source - they're too political and biased, just give me the facts and let me interpret them myself, thank you.
  5. Bars/Clubs - hard pass.
  6. Reality TV shows - hot garbage.
  7. FRIENDS, TV series - never saw the appeal.
  8. Socially "required" to be for/against any particular group or thing - may I have the discretion to just not care without being grilled?
  9. Chocolate-covered fruit of any kind - miss me with that shit.
  10. Medieval/RPG games - they never keep my attention long.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook