• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on: SMP Hometown

Minecraft name: Obid2

Reason for your ban: The reason I was banned was for killing animals in another player's claim. I killed turtles on a turtle farm.

Who banned you: misspotatohead1

Why should you be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I did not realize the animals I killed were on a person's claim. at the time I did not know that turtles only drop scute when they transition from babies to adults and instead thought the turtle shell helmets were a rare drop from turtles. I was trying to find turtles to kill. I did /wild many times, and killed as many turtles as I could find, hoping that I would one time get a helmet. One of those times I  stumbled across a farm, just a simple beach with turtles surrounded by fences on three sides. I did not know this was what a Turtle farm looked like at the time, so I killed the turtles. later that evening, I was looking to make a turtle farm on my own, after realizing how scute is acquired and realized what I had done. I feel sorry or the turtles I killed and now that I know what a turtle farm looks like, I will not do this again.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back to SMP hometown because of the time I've poured into this server with me and my friends. we have had such a great time, and I had just started building a new project. my friends would not be happy nor would I be happy if I could not play with them anymore, and I would have to leave all of this progress behind. this is why I want to come back.

Well, this wasn't originally about the turtles, but we'll add them, too.

You were banned for killing shulkers inside a build that was very obviously player-made.
https://imgur.com/FETR6Tx

Please note the rules clearly state that killing animals in a claim is against the rules (Rule 1:A):
https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

Do you have anything to say about the shulkers?
MissPotat

I think I should be unbanned because I think it was becasue I was flying full speed at it with elytra, and I hit it because I was flying low tho the ground and did not know it was there. the shulkers started shooting me and teleported out of the box. I could not leave because I did not think to rocket away, so I killed them. I now understand that I should not have killed them, because they were on a player's claim, but did not realize that while I was doing it. moving forward I know that I will never kill mobs on any player's claim ever again, I will instead just try to leave the situation without harming any mobs on that claim.

I am sorry I made my original appeal on the turtles. all the previous parameters from the turtle appeal still apply to my current appeal, except for the reason for getting banned. that was becasue of me killing the shulkers in another person's claim. 

hopefully, this can clarify the situation for you.