• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HomeTown Mapping Project
tl;dr: Yes.

It does, I believe. VoxelMap really only recognizes three types of worlds, the Minecraft defaults of overworld, the_end, and the_nether. As I'm sure you know but for the benefit of those who don't, those are used as the basis of all the multiworlds spawned by MultiWorld. For instance, Resource World is simply another overworld, as is I think Creative and maybe the art worlds? If you don't split them up, it overwrites the coordinate data with whichever multiworld instance you were last in.

Obviously, the mod should be saving the data in the right spot, including which set of data belongs to which Multiworld, but as you've said, it doesn't seem to be working for you, which is an issue because of the overwriting I mentioned above. I have no clue how to fix this since it hasn't happened to me and the two others who have contributed thus far to the project for the main world specifically. I have that issue with Res World not saving.

I just did a bunch of warping between resnether, xpfarm, res, and home, and it detects the nether maps perfectly. If I warp to home after warping to both nethers first, it remembers home's MultiWorld. But if I visit res at all, it still remembers the nethers, but it loses both res and home and I have to warp to the two nethers again. I tried going to creative as well, and the same issue happens. As far as I can tell, it's an issue with the overworld preset. Maybe the size of the map? I dunno.

--Did a bunch of warps, between End, Nether, ResNether, etc. From what I can tell, it seems like it doesn't like the main worlds on my end. ResNether and Gold Farm worlds worked fine at first, and always remembered their worlds even after warping between other worlds. But as soon as I visited the normal Nether, ResNether started getting screwy. At this point, all I can say is that there seems to be an issue with the Multiverse compatibility on VoxelMap.--

As far as contribution to the project goes, I would say you have three choices:

1) Don't worry 'bout it.
2) Manually select the world each time you do change, until something finally sticks.
3) Don't use the mod until you want to actively spend time mapping.

I recommend 1. xD You have enough on your plate already, I don't want you to waste time fiddling around with something that's ultimately pointless anyways.

Messages In This Thread
HomeTown Mapping Project - by kirinelf - 04-25-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: HomeTown Mapping Project - by Penguin - 04-25-2020, 06:32 PM
RE: HomeTown Mapping Project - by illogicalsong - 04-26-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: HomeTown Mapping Project - by kirinelf - 04-27-2020, 12:06 AM
RE: HomeTown Mapping Project - by N00dlez_ - 05-07-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: HomeTown Mapping Project - by N00dlez_ - 05-14-2020, 05:01 AM