Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: chestdude

Reason for your ban: Rule 1 violations

Who banned you: Illogical

Why should you be unbanned: The reason for which I was rude and disrespectful was due to the fact that the person I was talking to was ignoring me for no reason. Everyone was doing an activity of building something and I was the only one left out. I tried to convince this person I can help them too and that I wanna take part at the activity but they simply ignored me, and when I asked why, they added me to their /ignored list, which made me very annoyed and I started being rude. I didn't want to be like this, but the constant frustration of being ignored and left out all the time pushed me to this. I was also rude to Illogical for getting banned from her shop, that is something else I'm sorry for.

Why do you want to come back: To finish my tower project I started.

I have permission from Illogical to add a few comments to this appeal

I was not online at the time when you were banned, however in the last few days I have witnessed you being annoying and toxic in chat to the point where both players and staff were fed up with you.

Quote:[12:11:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> where can i sell emeralds
[12:11:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] TheGoodJuju★★★ >> ./warp illo
[12:11:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> im blocked? wa
[12:12:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> i told him once that his nether wart chest was filled and "BAN"
[12:12:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] ConnorB99 >> thats the rules of his shop chestdude
[12:12:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Pengu☃ >> chestdude you clearly didn't read the warp rules
[12:12:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ok
[12:12:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> well I think i have his claim coords anyway so I can go
[12:12:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> oh nvm i dont
[12:12:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] TheGoodJuju★★★ >> yeah that's one of the rules xD
[12:12:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> sad
[12:12:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Pengu☃ >> to get into the shop you go through a door saying "yes i read the rules and i will follow them"
[12:13:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> there was a sign on it?
[12:13:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [dAdmin] Uber★★★ >> when you demand a shop owner to empty the chest you may have steped over the line at that shop
[12:13:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> i didnt demand anything
[12:13:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> i just told him
[12:13:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] TheGoodJuju★★★ >> her*
[12:13:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> whatever
[12:13:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Illogical⚒ >> you said e m p t y I t
[12:13:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ok
[12:13:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Pengu☃ >> i'm pretty sure you said "empty it"
[12:13:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ah ok
[12:14:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> im not the one losing anything anyway
[12:14:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> he is the one who gets less stuff, not me
[12:14:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Illogical⚒ >> ya know you've said that like 3 times and I'm pretty sure I really don't care
[12:14:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ok cool
[12:15:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> whats illo's real name
[12:16:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> how did I already break rules by day 2
[12:17:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Illogical⚒ >> I'm a figment of your imagination
[12:17:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ah fuck off
[12:17:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Player [Mod] Pengu☃ kicked chestdude for Kicked from server..
[12:18:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] chestdude joined the game
[12:18:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Pengu☃ >> chestdude you got banned from the shop, that's the end of it. if you're gonna keep complaining in chat I'll just mute you
[12:20:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> anyway I just dont get why im like this
[12:23:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> anyone buying emeralds?
[12:23:46] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> is anyone buying emeralds ffs
[12:23:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] Optimus_Cheese★★★ >> u can try nukeshop
[12:24:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> thanks
[12:25:22] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> nukeshop is so fucking cool
[12:27:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> god I love nukeshop

So, cool. You didn't read the rules of the shop and got banned from it. You could have apologised or said that it wouldn't happen again, but instead you blamed Illogical for having her rules that way and made a big deal about it in chat. You then continued to be salty for the next 10 minutes, insinuating that staff don't do anything useful:

Quote:[12:33:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> oh btw why doesnt /ignoreplayer illogical work
[12:34:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Pengu☃ >> because staff override ignores
[12:34:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ah
[12:34:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [dAdmin] Uber★★★ >> bc you are not allowed to ignore staff
[12:34:17] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> why
[12:34:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [dAdmin] Uber★★★ >> ...
[12:34:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Sydrok★★ >> staff are important
[12:34:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] TheGoodJuju★★★ >> xD
[12:34:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> and
[12:34:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [dAdmin] Uber★★★ >> it is in the rules that is why
[12:34:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Sydrok★★ >> staff are the heros of the server
[12:34:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Sydrok★★ >> why would u /ignore them?
[12:34:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> they do what
[12:35:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> other than ban, they do what
[12:35:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] Sydrok★★ >> reroll grief
[12:35:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] TheGoodJuju★★★ >> ./kick
[12:35:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] TheGoodJuju★★★ >> ./punch
[12:35:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [dAdmin] Uber★★★ >> ./smite
[12:35:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Illogical⚒ >> dang I want /punch
[12:35:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Pengu☃ >> If you could ignore staff, they wouldn't be able to enforce rules properly
[12:36:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> what
[12:36:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> how could they not

Two and a half hours later, you rejoined the game while a conversation about illo's shop was going on and started to complain about her behind her back while she wasn't online:

Quote:[15:02:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] domromp >> how do you sell at illos shop
[15:02:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] chestdude joined the game
[15:02:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] Duty★★★ >> if the chest are full, do not message Illo
[15:03:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> yeah, i learned that
[15:03:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> she's so fucking harsh wtf
[15:03:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guardian] BelgnBor★★★ >> her shop her rules
[15:03:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] THAT1J0SHGUY★★★ >> illo is the best
[15:03:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> no
[15:03:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> not really
[15:03:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] THAT1J0SHGUY★★★ >> dont tell her i said that
[15:03:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] THAT1J0SHGUY★★★ >> she really is though
[15:03:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> whatever you consider but I hate her a lot
[15:03:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] THAT1J0SHGUY★★★ >> why?
[15:04:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> nothing
[15:04:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guardian] BelgnBor★★★ >> thats a bit strong
[15:04:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] THAT1J0SHGUY★★★ >> yeah
[15:04:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> nah its just as needed
[15:04:46] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NoiceOne★ >> Her shop rules a very fair tbh
[15:04:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> very harsh
[15:05:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NoiceOne★ >> Dont't read the shop rules, get banned from that warp simple really
[15:05:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guardian] BelgnBor★★★ >> considering her shop is one of the biggest, she gets sick of being constantly asked
[15:05:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NoiceOne★ >> ^
[15:05:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> i mean tbh her nether wart prices were so easy to abuse
[15:06:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guardian] BelgnBor★★★ >> plenty of shops about
[15:06:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NoiceOne★ >> so much salt for no reason
[15:06:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [♡Admin♡] katherine >> bro shop elsewhere
[15:06:17] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> i have my reasons
[15:06:17] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] Duty★★★ >> she pays good for jobs as well
[15:06:22] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Veteran] NoiceOne★ >> poor reasons clearly
[15:06:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> why do you care about my reasons anyway
[15:06:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [♡Admin♡] katherine >> because you brought them into global chat
[15:06:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Adept] THAT1J0SHGUY★★★ >> because theyre wrong
[15:06:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> because you dont fucking care, thats it
[15:07:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> ill go back to building
[15:07:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Player [Mod] Pengu☃ kicked chestdude for don't be rude.
[15:07:10] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] chestdude joined the game
[15:07:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [♡Admin♡] katherine >> so I would like to shut this conversation down now.
[15:07:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] chestdude >> why not be

Your self-righteous attitude and your insistance on bringing arguments back up long after they are settled are both toxic characteristics which are not welcome in our community. If you are unbanned I would like to see you reconsider your attitude and learn to accept your faults
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Aight, I agree sometimes I get too annoyed and too self confident while doing so, and it makes a bad mix.
I'll be doing my best to control this kind of attitude.

Alright, so first off, thank you for your honesty, makes this process a lot easier

I'll accept this appeal but it's a bit hard for me to believe things will change that easily.

I discussed with a few other staff members and it was decided a temp ban would likely be the best solution. In this time you can think about how you can improve, and take another look at our rules - https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

We take respect of other players very seriously here, it's a part of our server we value very much.

By the posting of this reply your ban has been changed to a 30-day temp ban.