• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Today, I was banned
Today me and 2 others were banned for supposedly "Spamming" I can not speak for the other 2. However, spamming I most surely was not. I simply making a statement about cooking spam and being sarcastic TO the spammers. No one else. I didn't not mean to hurt anyone. I had no idea this was a delicate server. I used CAPS one time and was warned not too. I would also like to point out that not being able to use caps is oppression. It suppresses our freedom of expression. I've never understood why it was bad. It's not like it hurts your ears or anything. I personally believe it's because I am black.

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

(12-27-2015, 12:33 PM)Ummmmbro Wrote: – I would also like to point out that not being able to use caps is oppression. It suppresses our freedom of expression.

– I personally believe it's because I am black.

For starters, click the url in my signature labeled "HT Rulebook", then read the post paying special attention to the red text at the start.  After that, read section 2 on chat etiquette.  Once you do that, you'll realize we allow caps to an extent.

Secondly, you seem to have a private, online server confused with the US or any other nation with the principle of freedom of expression.  This is not the case.  For all intents and purposes, HomeTown is a police state with heavily regulated speech, and we ban people who conduct themselves poorly in chat.

Tertiary, if you really think this happened because you're black, then you paint yourself the actual racist here as you're the only one bringing race into this.  Whoever banned you must've been Sherlock Holmes to deduce you're black from an online IGN.  If such a feat is that easy, then we've had tens of Hitlers, two Satans, multiple fictional characters, and even actual animals online with great regularity.

With all of this being said, make a proper appeal using the link in the post above, actually know the rules before decrying them, don't pull the race card, and don't make a further fool of yourself–it won't end well for you if you continue in this manner.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

im a salty loser

ps im actually white. im a keyboard warrior so u better watch out

man i look pretty stupid. im so sorry. i couldnt hold back my keyboard warrior instincts