• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hometown Whitelisted?
(08-09-2020, 01:09 AM)pocketfrogs Wrote: Why am I now getting a message saying that I am not whitelisted on the server and not able to get onto Hometown? Is Hometown whitelisted for some reason? Is it down for maintenance? Kind of confused.. At least one other person has had this issue as well because they posted about it on the Ban Appeal page thinking maybe they got banned.

I've looked at the forums and been unable to find anything announcing the server would be down for any reason or anything about whitelisting so I'd like to know what's up, if anyone knows.

Yep, same issue. I just started playing a few days ago and got home from work wanting to play  Huh

(08-09-2020, 01:52 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: katherineToday at 9:46 AM
Hiya @everyone <3 We're currently working on a new 1.16 nether for y'all to be able to build in! It's currently being pre-generated. However because of this, we will need to whitelist the server in a few hours to expand the overworld and pre-generate that too. Hope you are all excited!!

what's going to be new?
we have created a 1.16 nether to be used like the regular nether, this will sync up with the overworld. Do not worry though! the old nether will NOT be deleted and will still be accessible through homes and warps. If you don't manage to get a home set before hand, staff will be able to help you out Smile

/fly will be disabled for the first 2 weeks of the new nether opening

what does whitelisted mean?
whitelist means only staff can log into the server to work on it. this does NOT mean you're banned. you will be able to log on the server later on when it is no longer whitelisted <3

Cut and pasted from HT Discord.

Got it, thanks!