• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
This is the third post I've made here is the Second if you wanna see that,
https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5502&pid=32754#pid32754
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The server I was banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

My Minecraft name: NameSakeJake/ThatXboxLiveKid

Reason for your ban: Xray/Avoiding Ban

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

This is my third post after being banned and this will hopefully be my last. I’ve done a lot of wrong things on this server and some good things, but I hope that this whole problem can end happily. Here’s my story:

Why should you be unbanned: I got banned the day I joined and regret what I did ever since. Back then for me wasn't a good time. My friend recommended the server to me a long time ago and said we should play together. This was back when I first got Minecraft mainly so we could play together. I was new to the game and extremely overwhelmed. Back then I didn't have the time or dedication or self-discipline to do anything. After I got banned I was in a panic and did not know what to do so I got scared and copied someone's ban appeal. I gave myself a few months and made a second appeal. This time it was honest and wrote the truth of everything. After having no luck I decided to create a second account. Then I made this account and had no connections to my first. At the time I had done everything to get around and avoid this new account to be able to go back. After some time I've made friends and made some nice projects. I tried to do everything I could to be able to shrug it off and act as nothing happens. I have had my account banned and created a new account to come back to the server. I know that I shouldn’t have X-rayed and that the things I did to avoid the ban were even worse. I am sorry for my actions and I'm hopeful that something good can come out of this statement.

Why do you want to come back: While I was supposed to be banned I created a second account and have been active on the server. In the time I had worked on some huge projects with the friends that I’ve made, and even had made some plans for big projects in the future.

Oh you.. just copied the same thing into an appeal. Alright..

Well then. Since the time of your previous appeal, we have begun to accept x-ray ban appeals, if and only if, they are really good. Your ''Why you should be unbanned" is just a story of what you did, not why we should let you back.

I'm more interested in whether or not you understand the impact your actions have on others and the server.
Lets have you answer a few questions, and remember, the more thorough your answer, the more you show me that you understand.

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

4. How could it affect the server economy in general?

5. Why should we trust a player that disregards our rules, and our bans, by creating new accounts to play anyways?

6. How is it fair to the other players that actually do follow the rules, to see a player break the rules, twice, and be allowed to come back anyways?

Sorry, this took a while, I took some time to make sure that the answers are the best that I can get them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

No, It would not be fair to other people who were playing fairly. It is bad for competition because it deflates the value of diamonds.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

If someone suddenly got more diamonds without doing any work it will render their work pointless and maybe make them give up and possibly start cheating as well.
3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

It could make people run out of money and give the player who was cheating an unfair advantage because someone could have sold all of the cheated diamonds and made a shop owner lose money to illegitimately gained items.
4. How could it affect the server economy in general?

If someone sells a lot of ill-gained items it can make a shop owner lose too much money. Then other people wouldn’t be able to go and sell their own legally obtained items.
5. Why should we trust a player that disregards our rules, and our bans, by creating new accounts to play anyways?

You don’t have too much reason, and I completely acknowledge that, but hopefully you can see that I’ve matured and learned in my time playing secretly.
6. How is it fair to the other players that actually do follow the rules, to see a player break the rules, twice, and be allowed to come back anyway?

It’s not fair to other people when someone would break the rules twice or let back because there are people who might have done only minor things who have been banned forever.

Alright I have to be honest with you, we expect a lot more effort in x-ray ban appeals, which is noted in the ban appeal format instructions below, and considering you also evaded your ban, this appeal needed to be REALLY good to be considered.

[Image: Lt2P2IH.png]

Your 1 sentence responses to my questions are just too minimal effort, and your blatant disregard for the denial of your previous appeals by getting a new account to evade your ban and continue playing anyways just does not sit well with me. 

We've discussed it as a staff team and have decided to deny your appeal.