• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Sorry, this took a while, I took some time to make sure that the answers are the best that I can get them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

No, It would not be fair to other people who were playing fairly. It is bad for competition because it deflates the value of diamonds.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

If someone suddenly got more diamonds without doing any work it will render their work pointless and maybe make them give up and possibly start cheating as well.
3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

It could make people run out of money and give the player who was cheating an unfair advantage because someone could have sold all of the cheated diamonds and made a shop owner lose money to illegitimately gained items.
4. How could it affect the server economy in general?

If someone sells a lot of ill-gained items it can make a shop owner lose too much money. Then other people wouldn’t be able to go and sell their own legally obtained items.
5. Why should we trust a player that disregards our rules, and our bans, by creating new accounts to play anyways?

You don’t have too much reason, and I completely acknowledge that, but hopefully you can see that I’ve matured and learned in my time playing secretly.
6. How is it fair to the other players that actually do follow the rules, to see a player break the rules, twice, and be allowed to come back anyway?

It’s not fair to other people when someone would break the rules twice or let back because there are people who might have done only minor things who have been banned forever.

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by NameSakeJake - 12-11-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by melaniebeedot - 12-11-2020, 07:58 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by NameSakeJake - 12-12-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by melaniebeedot - 12-15-2020, 01:09 AM