Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal - Vorhise
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: vorhise

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Uber
Why should you be unbanned: being a grown adult, I should no better than to break rules, no matter how trivial they may seem. It truly does tarnish the environment of the game, I have been a member of this server for about two years with no issues until this point. I think in my opinion the reason I did what I did was to make money easily without putting effort into a true resource shop. Again, wrong regardless of the reason, but something I look for from a disciplinary standpoint in my real life, is acknowledgment of the mistake, and recognition that it was not the ethical or morally right thing to do. I apologize for putting you in the position to punish a grown adult (though you may like it  Big Grin ) and hope if I am fortunate to have the banned turned over, to regain the trust of the community. 

Why do you want to come back: Like I mentioned above, I have been a member of this server for about two years and have grown to enjoy the people. I use to never converse in chat and now just genuinely enjoy the community. I think the admin staff is great at being firm but fair, the content creators come up with some wonderful builds, and the engineers of the server blow my mind with the redstone work. I feel pretty shameful that I put myself in a position to kick myself from this community. Again no excuse for blatantly breaking a pretty easily spelled out rule. In summary I suppose, I'm figuratively invested in this community (trivial I know) but would really love to continue to be apart of it, and be a moral figure when I can regain that trust.

Respectfully, 
Vorhise 

I will want multiple sentences as answers to each of the following questions for the appeal to be considered. Please take your time and do it right.

Did you give any of the materials to other players that you x-rayed?

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

Did you give any of the materials to other players that you x-rayed? 
The precious materials I acquired using the x-ray resource pack were sold in my shop, anybody who had purchased them, did so unknowingly. I personally would not hold them accountable, and as an accessory to my "crimes" if you will. it was sold under the guise they were naturally obtained in either the resource world or resource nether. I currently have/had to my knowledge two diamond picks enchanted with mending, efficiency, and unbreaking(to the best of my knowledge) and two netherite picks enchanted with mending, efficiency, unbreaking, and one fortune, one silk touch. Those tools along with my sword, shovel, and axe were acquired naturally. Thus sparking the desire to sell ores. Not making an excuse by any stretch,rather giving a timeline of events to the admin staff.But screencaps of my resourcepack folder in .minecraft can be presented with time stamps as well if you would like them for your investigation. Currently the resource pack is dated for 01/13/2021 at 9:22pm on my desktop, and I would guess 2-3 days prior on my laptop without looking. Again, I am airing full transparency to allow yourself and the other admin staff to make the best decision you all feel is best for the server.

Why is X-raying bad?
Fundamentally, utilizing an x-ray mod or resource pack goes against the entire feel of vanilla Minecraft. Specifically vanilla on a survival server. Players are intended to progress naturally through the flow of the game, starting with common stone tools, to iron and so forth. Making it a true accomplishment to find the precious resources, and manipulate them into a continuously upgraded item. Using an exploit, mod, resource pack, etc. removes the thrill if you will, of naturally playing through the intended pathways and really just sets a negative mood for the experience. In my personal opinion I began to not necessarily feel more superior to players with lesser items, but began to think of it as more of a job to stock my shop, rater than enjoying pure survival Minecraft. If I were to have my ban overturned, I would strongly consider removing my shop and potentially just selling off unwanted items, or focus on building and creating as I have done in the past. Again, regaining that joy of vanilla Minecraft that progresses organically.   

How does X-raying affect other players?
Unfortunately for the other players, they were unknowingly involved in a "crime" if you will. Again, not something they can control when the person running the scheme pulls the wool over their eyes(acquired naturally!.....sorry bad joke). But this truly does say something about the offenders morality, or real their lack of ethical reasoning to stop when they are doing something wrong. I think it is very clear in this situation that I took advantage of my perceived reputation of being an honest member of the server to my advantage to try to get a leg up over everybody else. Again, not justifying my actions, but formulating thoughts into text. I fear that my actions, could lead somebody else to try to exploit the members of this server as well, we see it everyday on the news, and they'd end up down the same dead end road I have found myself in. In summary, and I know I sound like a broken record at this point, it really does tarnish the whole objective of a vanilla SMP server, enjoy the game, enjoy the people, and play the game as it is intended. Push the barriers of natural Minecraft, but don't be dishonest, and certainly don't cheat. 

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
Using an X-ray mod certainly saturates the market with unneeded amounts of a resource. A balanced economy is an excellent way to make sure prices are fair for both the consumer, and the seller. I noticed my prices were significantly lower than the main shops(because I had hella resources) but again, how is that fair to the person who doesn't have time to endlessly mine for hours on end to try to keep up with a guy(or girl) picking and choosing what pathways to take to exploit the resources. How is anybody suppose to make their own way, when somebody is cheating their way to the top. Free market economy is built on the foundation of honesty, and offering a product for a fair and marketable price without super saturating the market and undercutting the little guy making an honest "living". I destroyed that trust/impression in a sense, potentially making somebody feel less than their worth buy undercutting their prices for resources that worked hard to get. 

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
The obvious answer, is to put the time and effort into acquiring these items organically. The other great option, is to support those that I undercut by buying their products and supporting their endeavors. A third great option, if money is the issue. Develop a product, market it, and sell the crap out of it!(Naturally obtained of course) not only does this allow the seller to make some cash, it also gives the consumer something to use and purchase, but then allows the seller to reinvest into the community both with a profit, and to potentially purchase more materials, hire labor, etc. from the general community. Something I had done in the past to acquire resources or income is do oddball jobs for people. And it may be something I will seek out again, if I were to be reinstated to the server. I feel as though I am starting to ramble so I will finish my thoughts below. 

In closing, I am glad to have the chance to start the righting of my wrongs with the appeal process, and it is certainly a privilege the admin staff has to give to a player, but it is certainly an appreciated one. I would be incredibly humbled to be afford the chance to come back to the server, with the repercussions set, to begin the chance of restoring my reputation, and gaining the trust of the members once again. I have taken a new perspective on my actions, I am disappointed in myself for being unable to follow the very clearly defined rules, and not behave as a morally conscious person, or as one would expect a grown man to act. I will support any decision you or the staff members choose to make, but can only hope it is one that allows me to rejoin the community. I truly apologize for putting you in the position to discipline and remove a member of your own community. I strive to right the wrongs, and rejoin as an honest and productive member of this wonderful community!

Respectfully, 

Vorhise

You have been unbanned. Your balance has been set to 0 and your diamonds have been removed. Your shop items have been moved to /warp lostnfound Welcome back to HomeTown. Please understand that if you x-ray again there will be no possible appeal.