• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
dum ban appeal for grief :(
Rainbow 
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Minecraft Server

Minecraft name: Bayleafer

Reason for your ban: Griefing someone else's property. Well, so the story's pretty short: I built a house near someone else (which I actually got a consent for, ask Fighter2018 when they come online!) and found a classic village a few blocks away from us, so I just decided to make it pretty? And along with the houses I decided to rebuild the cobblestone wall. Aaand here I get caught for that.

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I do understand that grief is, obviously, a bad thing, but I was thinking of that village as of the gray zone? But anywho, I will commit to rebuilding (almost) everything there (at least the wall!) to the initial state and I will make an honest attempt from making any edits to it until I get a permission from the other person and complying to any other rules as well. Pinky promise.

Why do you want to come back: Well, I actually found myself enjoying the freedom of an SMP like that, plus I have made quite some progress now and already got some plans for later, sooo that'd be kind of a pain for me to lose all that.

The "Reason for your ban:" section is where you put the reason given in your ban message, not tell a story.

You were banned because you were tearing down a wall that a player built around a village that they have claimed for themselves, despite myself and multiple players telling you beforehand that you cannot break down someone else's wall, ever, not even to make it pretty, not without their permission. You weren't ''caught'', you asked me to come check who built the wall, which is why I'm certain you didn't have permission. There's no gray zone here. The wall was built by another player, so it's not fair game for you to alter in any way without their permission. I directly told you as you were breaking it "bay, you can't break the wall." and you replied "one sec" and deliberately continued breaking it anyways.

So I mean considering your blatant disregard for the rules and the staff enforcing them, in this instance and others... I'm not sure I'm convinced why I should let you come back?

Weeeell, mayhaps that was true, but you couldn't wait a second tho? I was about to go get cobble to repair, I just forget to tell abt stuff to people. ADHD, yum! Anyway, I guess your decision is fair LOL, see you in a year! <3

"you couldn't wait a second tho? I was about to go get cobble to repair"

No, I couldn't wait a second for you to continue breaking down more of the wall, after I just told you to stop and you continued anyways.

I'm not sure what you think is in a year.. bans don't just expire.

Well... yeah, I see the problem.

Well, bans don't expire, but crappy behavior does. Maybe. Sometimes.

And, well, let me embarrass myself once more. Not even a chance for a compromise? I wholeheartedly didn't have any malicious intent and wanna make up for it by reverting any possible changes and actually apologizing to the person. Or something. Maybe even isolate myself to not let things like that happen again (which is, again, stupid, but you may consider).

Also the reason part. Whoops, LOL. I didn't get the exact meaning, apologies!

I get that there was no malicious intent, that you only wanted to ''make it pretty''.

I just need to make sure you understand that you need to listen to and follow the rules, and listen to staff when they are explaining the rules to you or telling you not to do something. If you don't agree, you can voice your concerns and we can discuss it, but deliberately disregarding staff isn't going to fly here.

I'll give you a second chance. Please respect our rules.